Friday, October 10, 2008

Swap


WOW has this week ever flown by so fast and I'm behind on quilting and reading blogs as well. It must be the turkey I've been thinking about. It's the Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend and everyone has turkey on their mind.

I can now show my goodies from Sharon, Darlene, Judy and Carol, we did a 30's block swap for a number of months and at the end we all exchanged little "Thank you" gifts. Here is the sewing machine cover that Carol made (I didn't have one and it really comes in handy), the little 30's quilt from Judy (so adorable), the zipper pouch from Sharon (oh I have many uses for this one) and you can see the stitching angel Darlene sent below (she sits on my quilt shelf in my kitchen). I made everyone a bag using buggy barn fabrics, you can see it here, it's the one done in pinks and browns. Thanks so much ladies for a great time and fun gifts. Can't wait until the next one....teehee.
Posted by Picasa


Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you are enjoying autumn.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Great gifts! I just love 30's fabrics and have quite a stash of them myself... By the way, I finally got my Polka Dot Girls pattern. Now to find time to start it! Have a great weekend!

sewkalico said...

What a great swap as each gift is as lovely as the other.

Cathy said...

Lucky you!! What a lot of special goodies...and what a great swap!! HAve a great weekend, Cathy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What fun! And I love what you made as well. There are so many talented bloggers out there!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Carrie P. said...

What beautiful gifts your friends made for you.

Unknown said...

Great goodies from your swap partners. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving - I LOVE turkey, LOL.

Hugs - Karen

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What a great idea to exchange presents at the end of a successful swap. Happy Thanksgiving!

em's scrapbag said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your bounties!

Libby said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can almost smell the turkey from here *s*

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh...lovely lovely gifts... :o)

Teresa said...

How fun to get such pretty and useful gifts.

Karen said...

Wonderful swap goodies.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cathi said...

What super swap gifts! Each one of them is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I just love the primitive cloth doll. Also thank you for stopping by at my blog.
Millie

*karendianne. said...

Well, just wanted to let you know I'm here and perusing...

Visiting with Love, *karendianne.