Friday, August 7, 2009

Cooler Days

I can now enjoy a cup of tea in the morning instead of waking up sweaty and needing a cold shower. It sure feels good to get back to normal after that heat wave.
A few days ago I received a package from Karen. She had a contest to guess the name of her blog and I WON! I've gotten to know Karen over the last couple of years and I had a good idea what she was going to name her blog since she moved from the Yellow Farmhouse to the Red Lakehouse. I was in the shower when I had a light bulb moment about something she said a while back and I knew she would call it "My Red Farmhouse". She asked me if I'd like the new Primitive Gatherings book or a selection of wool, it was a tuff choice but I went for the new book. Her is the cute wrapping she did.
To my surprise Karen also sent along an extra little gift. These plates with quilt blocks painted on them are just so darn adorable. I haven't found just the right spot yet but will have fun looking for the right display, now that it's cooler around here. A big THANK YOU to Karen, these plates are just prefect and I'm drooling over the many awesome projects I'd like to make in the book.
Even Lula is feeling much better, she pretty much slept for days while it was hot. I don't blame her, I wanted to sleep all day too.

22 comments:

Betsy said...

Wendy, congratulations on receiving such a lovely gift.

Darlene said...

A sweet win - woohoo!!!

cynthia lee designs said...

Congrats on your win!! You got some wonderful goodies!
I just love comming over to your blog to see what you've been working on.
~Cindy~
cynthialeedesigns.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

You've been on a lucky streak! You received some lovelies from Karen...OH Gosh how I wish I could get my hands on those painted trays/pictures. (especially that log cabin one!) Too good!! Good Job....and oh there's my Lula!

Carol said...

What a wonderful win...those plates are dynamite! Oh Lula looks so happy and so comfortable.

Shakerwood said...

What adorable plates! Glad the heat is gone.....I think we have it now. Thank goodness for air-conditioning.

Gayle said...

So YOU'RE the lucky winner? Congratulations! I love Lisa Bongean's designs too!

Kaaren said...

Great gifts from Karen, Wendy.

Lula looks like she's really settled in, doesn't she? She has a beautiful face.

Lynn said...

What a lovely giveaway you received. It looks like that package was fun to open. I see that you are done the polka dot girls quilt that you have been working on. It is just wonderful and I love the cross-hatching on it. Just beautiful! I think our heat wave coming this week will have you beat - we are forecasted for 99 everyday. And I still prefer that to cold weather!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Nice gift! The plates are sooo neat. Lula is the prettiest cat. I'm glad she's feeling better.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- what a great package -- Ms. Farmhouse is THE BEST! And look at pretty little Lula -- she even has her very own quilt!

Threeundertwo said...

Glad things have cooled down, and what a wonderful win! Congratulations.

Give Lula a scratch under the chin for me. She's a beauty.

Judy S. said...

Love your kitty, Wendy. Our two spent the HOT days lying around too. I'm so glad it's cooled off!

Unknown said...

What a great win and what a pretty cat !

Stina Blomgren said...

WoW... Love the plates... never seen aanything like that.. just wonderful gifts for you!!! Thank goodness for light bulb moments!!! :o)

Carrie P. said...

The hot weather is coming our way. UGH!
Congratulations on your win. I read Karen's blog. Always good stuff.

Candace said...

Congratulations, Wendy! Karen is so fantastic!
Cheers!

Ozjane said...

Moggie and I love Lulu and think she is very lucky to be so happily rescued and given a home.
I want to know...........when...if ever......is it not the right time for a cat to sleep?

Maybe extreme hunger may cause movement....but it has to be fairly extreme.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Lulu is sooo adorable. She looks just like my kitty when I was a girl!

MARCIE said...

Cool plates! And great book! Aren't you the lucky one!

Anonymous said...

Nice plates and great books...
She looks amazing...

Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Instant loans at an attractive low rates

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a lot of beautiful quilts. Thank you for sharing.