Friday, October 4, 2013

Rudy's Garden and bits of Fall


I'm finishing up the top for Ruby's Garden stitcheries quilt. The red will be the inner border and I need to decide on the outer border and binding. I'm thinking for the outer border something in a navy blue. I'll need to go shopping for that soon....woohoo I'm excited.
I've pulled out a few of my favourite fall decorations. I made the witch a couple of years ago. She sits in my front hall with her broom and black cat under her arm.
The wool pumpkins are also from a couple years ago. The wooden blocks they are sitting on I purchased from Folktales.
The pumpkin girl I also bought. She came home with me from the Lynden Craft and Antique Show last year. The quilt I made at least 8 or more years ago.

I'm working on the next block for Le Jardin applique, I'm enjoying these blocks with the French General fabrics. Back soon with some progress.

Happy Quilting.

12 comments:

Terry said...

Your quilt top is beautiful! And your witch is so cute! :0)

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I love your ruby's garden. I am also making that quilt. After seeing yours it's put a flame under me.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Love your fall decorations. And your quilt is lovely.

KaHolly said...

Ruby's Garden is delightful! Wish the stitcheries showed up better. All of your fall decorations are so festive. Does a bowl of fresh tomatoes on my table count as decoration?

Needled Mom said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!!

Your fall decorations are delightful.

Michelle said...

Love the stitchery quilt and all the fall decorations! The wool blocks have given me idea for Christmas!
Michelle

Ondrea said...

That quilt is so sweet. Love all the prim autumn decorations too. ( Especially the witch as I have a few myself).

Sinta Renee said...

I love all your Fall decorations! Don't you just love autumn?

Heartsdesire said...

Love all your fall/Halloween decor. Folktales is a great place to shop. Used to go there quite often when I lived in Vancouver. Now, not so much.

Carole said...

Isn't it a great feeling to have the Ruby Garden top pieced. The finishing instructions were not the easiest to follow. Good for you. Love you fall decorations. Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Unknown said...

I adore what I can see of your quilt. With the pumpkin and crow. Do you have a pattern for it or could you tell me where to get one.

Thank You,
Vickie

I also like the spool pattern below and your use of fabric is really nice.

rosi said...

Nice work! Good luck in your way!
voyance gratuite par mail