Monday, January 13, 2014

Little Bits


It's been a quiet start to 2014. I'm working on machine quilting my 4patch quilt. I'm happy with how it's looking so far.
Quilt Mania has come out with Simply Vintage in English starting with Issue No. 8 which I found at Chapters book store on Christmas eve. No I don't shop on Christmas Eve but my daughter was working that day and we stopped in to see her.  While waiting I was browsing the magazine section and found the Autumn Issue. Last week she found the Winter Issue for me. This magazine is FULL of projects, you won't be disappointed.
Doing a little redwork. These are Sunbonnet Sue's for each month. I'm working on June now, they go pretty fast.

Happy Quilting!

17 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Love your quilt, show it quilted, I'm sure it will be great!
I love those magazines too, so fun and creative!
It has been a nice start to the year, need a bit more snow but thats out of our control!

Lesley said...

Your quilt is gorgeous...just pops off the page!

Karen said...

Wendy, your quilt is beautiful. I love the variety of colors and prints.

Raewyn said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful - love the scrappiness look! Looks like I need to hunt down that magazine!!

Cheryl said...

Love your four-patch. Looking forward to seeing what design you use to quilt it.

Joan said...

Your 4 patch is beautiful. Love the colours!

Darlene said...

Your 4 patch quilt is wonderful, Wendy.

And, your stitchery is adorable.

Kindred Quilts said...

Beautiful 4 patch Wendy! Don't forget to show it once it's quilted.
Looks like a magazine that would be fun to have!

Nicole said...

I'd love to know the source of the 4 patch block pattern you are using in your quilt. Can you share? Thanks!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your 4-patch quilt is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see it all quilted. :-) I love stitching~ I am going to have to look for that magazine. Have a happy day!

Sue-Anne said...

I love your quilt, it looks fantastic. I've got the Winter edition of Simply Vintage too and I think was definately worth the money. So pleased it is now in English.

Carrie P. said...

I wonder if I can find that magazine in the states.
Lovely quilt!

Ondrea said...

That quilt looks quite stunning. The colours reallystand out. I haven't found the winter issue of SV yet.

Sandy D said...

Your 4 patch quilt is amazing. Love the colors.Are all the fabrics from one line? Love them

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great way to start the New Year

Michele said...

Your four patch looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted!

Marilyn said...

Where can I get the Sunbonnet Sue red work patterns? I love the idea of the month by month. Planning a quilt using Moda Grant Park fabric with red works in the centre of each block. How are you quilting the Sunbonnet Sue?