Sunday, March 16, 2014

Retreat Progress


The retreat was a blast! We had fun with the games and a few people went home with some awesome prizes  such as the Kim Diehl blocks, two jelly roll race quilts and someone donated the cutest little quilt. Maybe next year I'd be so lucky. We all had fun regardless of what we came home with.

I made a little progress on my scrappy sewalong blocks. I'm so slow making these but will keep at it until I'm done.
I put together these blocks that will become a tabletopper for the spring and summer.
Sashing has been added to my HST's blocks from Pam Buda's sewalong. Mine will be larger as the blocks are 8" finished. I think the final size will be 48" square. I'm waiting for a border fabric to arrive. I ordered 2 different fabrics in hopes that one will be right.

We had a fun night of curling and pizza with friends last night. Our first time, might give it a go again sometime.

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

Anne said...

Love both your table toppers. The half square triangle one is really wonderful. I should have joined in that sew a long!

Anonymous said...

What is the pattern for second photo? They are all fantastic!

Sue-Anne said...

I love your scrappy blocks, the finished quilt is going to be stunning!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful work! I love the colors in the first two quilt tops/blocks.

Darlene said...

Lots of fabulous progress during your retreat. Everything is sweet, adorable and beautiful.

Sue SA said...

Gorgeous blocks, love the colours in the first ones especially.

Ondrea said...

Love all that you have done. The first time I knew about curling was on a show called Corner Gas which is a Canadian comedy series. I have the 1st 3 seasons on DVD. Glad you had a fab time. Retreats are always fun.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great projects Wendy! The blocks in the second photo look so familiar, but i can't place the pattern~? Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

I do like all your beautiful stitching, especially the scrappy sew-along blocks. There is nothing better than getting together with friends to stitch.

Karen said...

Sounds like a ball. You made some good progress on your projects.

Lori said...

Looks like you were very productive!

Sovania said...

I thank you from my heart for this great site. Thank you again! Good day to you and soon.

Voyance par mail ; Voyance gratuite par mail