Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Catch Up

I've finished a couple quilts which I forgot to post here, too busy posting on Instagram and neglecting my poor blog. This quilt is called Ruby from a BOM a couple years ago, all finished and washed, I think it looks fresh and pretty.
This is a gift for a birthday coming up soon. My vision was for it to give a beach or ocean feel, I love the soft blue tones in this quilt.
This antique grandmothers flower garden was made by my husband's great grandma Emma. She would have made this about the 1930's when she organized the quilting group in her home town. I love the red flowers scattered around. 

Happy Quilting. 

11 comments:

Carol said...

I know, Instagram is quick and easy, I post there more often too. I love your quilts. You did a good job achieving the look of a beach with your quilt. The antique Grandmothers Flower garden quilt is beautiful.

Darlene said...

Love everything you've shown, Wendy. They're all beautiful.

Lesley said...

All three quilts are fabulous! How wonderful to have the antique quilt...such a beauty!

Wendy said...

Your quilts are beautiful! Love the floral border on the first one and my first thoughts on seeing the blue one was that it looked frosty, but I am a winter person and my first thoughts would go to snow before ocean.lol
I absolutely love the Grandmother's Flower Garden! I like your Grandmother...she added a little ZING to a traditional pattern and you probably did not see that too often in the '30's. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the beach one the most! All very nice...I've been blog neglectful as well and have learned so many awesome quilters do not IG and missed me on the blog.

Lori said...

Three wonderful quilts! I've been keeping my eye out for a Grandmother's FG with the green path. How lovely to have a family quilt.

antique quilter said...

the blue quilt is just beautiful you nailed it with the beach feel for sure.
the GFG is such a treasure, I love it with the green path, she did a great job adding those reds, makes the quilt for me!!!!
the red mom of course I just love that its red!!!!
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Chookyblue...... said...

don't do anything other then blogging.........so I am pleased you posted here.........lovely quilts......always great when they are finished.......

Unknown said...

Really, this article is very relevant as ever.
voyance par mail

rosy123 said...

Mille merci pour tout.
Tu es incroyable, mille bisous pour toi.

consultation voyance gratuite

rosy123 said...


Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!

voyance gratuite par mail rapide