Monday, December 28, 2015

Year In Review Part 1

Where have I been this year? Well truth be told, I discovered Instagram! What can I say, Instagram made me lazy. It's so simple, just take picture, say a couple of words and share, it all takes less than 30 seconds to post about my projects. I was hooked instantly on the ease of posting. Well that's pretty much my only excuse, being lazy, I had good intentions for blogging but life happens and I never got around to it. I hope to make next year a bit different and do more posting here.

I'm going to share a few highlights from 2015 in a couple posts. It's taking me a bit to remember how to use blogger. Forgive me, I will do my best to work through how to post again.

I started the year with making a heart quilt, which I really love and enjoyed every minute of making (see previous post). Next came the jelly roll quilt. This is a free pattern on Moda Bake shop, check out the website, I think it's called Simply Woven Quilt. I did a modern machine quilting of lines going back and forth. This was a first for me. It was inspired by the book Little Bits Quilting Bee by Kathreen Ricketson. She passed away tragically on a family trip, her story is very touching. She did this method of machine quilting in her book.

The Fat Quarter Mystery BOM Quilt blocks are still a work in progress. I hope in 2016 this will become a finished quilt. I have all the blocks ready, now need to start on the finishing layout, which involves a pieced border and I wanted to make it a little bigger which complicates getting it finished.
A little mini quilt using some 1 1/2" brights strips. I did some big stitch quilting in red around the blocks. A fun little project.
The Blue button at the top left corner on my blog will take you to my Instagram site, lots more pictures to see there. Also I will be back here soon with more highlights of 2015.

Happy Quilting!

30 comments:

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

I know so well what you are talking about! Instagram is a great place, but I have to be honest, I miss Blogland... And it is more cozy to read the blog posts if you just take the time... I post on Instagram a lot too, and neglect my blog. I will be better with my blog posts, since it's a great place to have all my creative stuff and thoughts... Wish you a great New Year, and hope to see you more in Blogland too :-) Love your quilty projects!

KaHolly said...

Glad you popped in and shared some of your beautiful work. I don't do Instagram, so it was nice to have a quick visit!

Sherrill said...

Well, I've missed you and I don't do instagram so hope to see a few more posts of yours in 2016!! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Nice to see you here - and of course love you on IG as well. Beautiful quilts and blocks you've shown - love that smaller one with the big stitch around it. I'm with you on hoping to blog in 2016. I've given myself the deadline of every Wednesday - I hope to be able to keep it up. Happy New Year Wendy - hugs - Karen

Sandi said...

Glad to see you in blogland once again Wendy! Also on Instagram and of course in person :-).

Have a lovely New Year's Eve and hope to see you more in blogland in 2016!

CecileD said...

Ah ! Ah ! Nice to see you back on your blog ! I discovered IG this year too and I agree with you : easy, practical and fun !
Love the last modern quilt ! So cute !
I'm going to see your IG ! :)

Darlene said...

Nice to see a post on your blog -) Ironically, my hubby and I were chatting about my blog this morning and has been encouraging me to start blogging again. Time will tell.

So many wonderful projects.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you popped back into blogland........I only blog.......some lovely projects to show..........

Kim said...

Thanks for a fun year of blog posts, sharing your work and fun things in life. I appreciate the time you take to write for is. Happy New Year! 😊

lin said...

I just love it ! A site where we can not see the time passing !!
Thank you !
voyance par mail gratuite

Anonymous said...

It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

voyance gratuite mail

Julia said...

Bravo pour le blog et vos articles.
voyance gratuite en ligne

Anonymous said...

Love the site and all content.
Congratulations and thank you

voyance gratuitement

rosy123 said...

Bravo pour le blog et vos articles.
voyance amour gratuite par mail

rosy123 said...


Bravo pour ton blog !! Et surtout, merci pour ce contenu qui me fait toujours plaisir

voyance gratuite par mail

hgjtohn said...

It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

voyance mail rapide

Unknown said...

I think that this is very educational.
epilation marrakech
Excursiones desde marrakech al desierto

Unknown said...

Hi, thank you very much. good job.


voyance gratuite

rosi said...

Heureuse d'ĂȘtre parmi vous et dĂ©couvrir vos postes. J’espĂšre que vous partagez d'autres notes. Continuez ainsi.
voyance par mail gratuite

rosy123 said...


Je trouve vos images pleines de douceurs...
FĂ©licitations! quel beau travail.

voyance gratuite mail serieuse

Unknown said...



votre site et vos créations sont magnifiques j'adore merci

telephone gay

Unknown said...


votre site et vos créations sont magnifiques j'adore merci

voyance gratuite

rosi said...



VoilĂ  une description qui donne envie... Je le note dans un coin ! :)

voyance email

rosy123 said...



votre site et vos créations sont magnifiques j'adore merci

voyance mail gratuit en ligne

rosy123 said...

Un petit pour vous dire que votre blog est super!
voyance gratuite

rosy123 said...


re bonjour,
je viens de parcourir une grande partie de votre site... une merveille !!! merci d'exister
voyance en ligne immediate

immigration problems solve said...

Awesome information here I am so gleeful when i found your weblog while I was researching on Bing for something else,but believe me the way you interact is literally awesome I do respect that so much. I will instantly get your rss and stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some vital information regarding. how to legally live in cyprus I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

logistics service in india said...

Air Cargo Logistics om logistics Logistics is the highly acclaimed top logistics company in India, providing supply chain management services for organizations across 160+ countries around the globe.
Train Cargo Services

omgroupco said...

car transportation service in delhi
car transportation service

omgroupco said...

info management services
scanning and digitization companies