We've been busy doing work in the yard this last couple of weekends. One side of the house has been neglected and become a big weed patch. Hubby cleared out all the weeds and broken beer bottles (little surprises....that's what comes with OLD house) to get ready for paving stones and bark mulch. It's a very shady area so maybe ferns and hostas will grow back there....I hope. It's already looking so much better then the dumping ground it used to be.
I squeezed in some sewing and finished the top of the small quilt I started at Jo's class a few weeks back. I wasn't sure about the stripe in the setting triangles. I think it really shows off the scrappy baskets. I'm still working on the star blocks for the larger fall quilt I started in the class as well. It's coming along, soon I'll have something to show.
Oh man... am I ever slowing down on my Polka Dot Girls, here is block 6 all done. I should be almost finished block 7 by now but with so many other distractions, I haven't even started it yet. Even with the slow progress I'm still really enjoy stitching these girls. They always make me smile.
If your looking for this pattern you'll find it here. Search for Red Brolly Polka Dot Girls. I've also provided links in my side bar to the other finished blocks.