Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Little Quilting This Week





I've been working on my Jelly Roll quilt. The entire top is made of all 2 1/2" strips, the blocks are Sanctuary fabric and the sashing is Celebrate Spring, Darlene and Nicole's challenge fabric, I thought the fabrics went well together. I'm deciding on the border between the yellow or the green, I think I'm leaning more towards the green but still undecided.

Today we had plans to head over to Lake Cowichan on Vancouver Island. DH parents have a house on the lake and we can use it whenever we like. How relaxing is that to sit on the deck and stitch or knit or what ever suits my fancy. We received a call late last night from DH parents to let us know the water tank has broken and they will see if it can be fixed today. So if the tank can't get fixed today we will have to postpone to another weekend. So we'll be packed and ready to go just in case. I'll hope for the best.

Happy Quilting.

18 comments:

Nana's Quilts said...

Gorgeous. I'm very fond of green, so that might be my choice - but it's lovely. And you retreat site looks just fabulous. Such fun.
Marne

Darlene said...

Oh, my goodness, Wendy, I love it, love it. What a grand idea! I'm hoping to finish my Sanctuary strippy quilt later today - just need to add borders. The sashing from Celebrate Spring is absolutely perfect.

I hope your plans don't get dashed for the week end. Of course, there's always next week end but you need some R&R right now. :-)

Knot Garden said...

Those fabrics look beautiful together...I like both borders but I think I would say the green:) Hope you're feeling better.

swooze said...

I love it! Is this your own pattern or a purchased pattern?

Lisa D. said...

That's really beautiful, Wendy. I love the simple block to show off those fabulous fabrics! I like the green for the borders - I think the yellow doesn't hold it's own enough (if that makes any sense).

Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt you have in the making :-)

Carole said...

Oh... what a lovely quilt! You have such good taste in fabric and colour! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie said...

Well, it looks like a few other people are of the same opinion as me! Lol* Beautiful! Just love the colors you chose! :)

Leigh said...

What a beautiful quilt. So light and springtime. Either one of the borders will be gorgeous. A hard decision to make for you. Good luck with that and the weekend :-)

Nicole said...

Wendy, that is just beautiful! I love how you have used the fabrics! Don't you just love the Celebrate Spring group? It coordinates just great with your other fabrics.
Hope your weekend plans went through and didn't have to be put off.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a very pretty quilt! If you have enough of the green, I think that is a nice border.

Shelina said...

I hope you were able to go to the lakehouse and have relaxing time. The jellyroll quilt is really soft and pretty and romantic. I like the green too, because its slightly darker color frames the quilt better.

Rose Johnston said...

I love both borders!! but i think i favour the green......its gorgoeus Wendy!!!

Alisa said...

I love your quilt! And I too think the green finishes it off nicely.

Jeanne said...

It's a lovely quilt, very delicate looking. Your fabric and color choices are great.

Rhonda said...

Your quilt is very cheerful, I love it!

Libby said...

The quilt is turning out beautiful - it does say spring in just the softest, old-fashioned sort of way. I like the green for a border - but in the end it will gorgeous either way.

Unknown said...

Wow Wendy that really is a beauty, love your fabric choices. I tend to lean more towards the lemon, but the green looks good too. Not much help, huh?