Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Everything

This week I received a surprise package in the mail. My daughter went out the front door and yelled "Mom you have a big box at the door". Woohoo for me? The box was from my dear friend Darlene, she called it a "Happy Everything" package....how fun is that. We've done a few block swaps and have become good friends. What a spoiled girl I am, there was a gorgeous hand made basket (this will become my stitching basket). There is marking pencil, glue pen, thimble charm, stitchery patterns and 2 wool projects for stitching. Oops...I just realized I didn't get a picture of the wooden block, it's say's "I love to Quilt". My daughter immediately found the prefect spot for it and I forgot grab it for the picture. We both had a big laugh with the cupcake pincushion. We had the same idea with the box and surprisingly we both used a different pattern for the cupcakes. Thank you Darlene, I love it all!!
A little better view with the Easter stitcheries and other happy stuff to fondle. The stitcheries are so darn cute with the basket of eggs and bunnies.
One of the wool projects is a pincushion and the other is a sewing case, they both have all the wool needed to make the project. My daughter saw the sewing case and loved it, she asked me to make it for her.....take your hands off....it's mine I told her.
A bit more progress on the redwork baskets, I still need to add the borders. This is a very small quilt. I'm not sure what I will do with it yet.
I went to a guild trunk show last night and Lauren was was the entertainment, she had some funny story's to tell. She brought a big selection of quilts from her 30 years of quilting. She has a couple of fun wonky house quilts. The fabric combination are not what I would think to put together. She has an incredible sense for putting brights and weird fabrics together. Thanks Lauren for a great show.

21 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

What a wonderful basket of goodies...aren't blogging friends the greatest! Your red work is looking great too!
~Karen~

Anonymous said...

Love surprises....Darlene did a fantastic job! Your little quilt is coming along I see....are you still debating on the embroidered border?

em's scrapbag said...

What a fabulous package. The stitcheries are going to be so cute. I love your red baskets. If you can't figure out what to do with you can send it my way. Hee hee. I also really like the wonky houses. That is a quilt on the someday list.

Janet said...

Wow what a nice present. Thanks for showing the wonky house quilt, its really fun to look at.

Candace said...

Isn't Darlene just a sweetie, Wendy! How nice to get all of those goodies! Guess what - I get to meet Darlene in person on Sunday at the Quilter's Anonymous show in Monroe - I wish you could be there, too!
Cheers!

Stina Blomgren said...

Happy Everything...that was the most wonderful I heard... Oh what a lovely package... :o)
And I love your little basket quilt...:o)

Carol said...

What a wonderful giftie basket...Darlene is such a sweetie. I love your redwork baskets more and more!

Anonymous said...

Such cute little redwork baskets! And I love your gifty :o)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love your redwork! Thanks for the inspiration.

Libby said...

What a happy package *s*

Judy said...

What a lucky girl! Love the red baskets!

Carrie P. said...

How very nice of Darlene to send you all those goodies. Enjoy.

Polly said...

I have a thing for baskets and I love yours!

Polly said...

Oh --it's me Marcie, on my daughter's computer!

Teresa said...

The gift basket is so nice and how fun it must have been to get it into the mail. I like the basket miniquilt. It would look just perfect hanging in my kitchen if you really don't know what to do with it!

Wendy said...

What a wonderful surprise gift...and what a wonderful friend!

Quilts And Pieces said...

What a fun, fun package! Isn't she the sweetest!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Be still my heart. I am loving that little red bakset quilt. Wendy it is wonderful.
Nice pkg you recieved from Miss Darlene. Lots of goodies in there. I love the sewing case pattern. Looks like a great one.

Lynden Country Quilters said...

Love your little red baskets..can't wait to see the quilt..Just started a blog with my quilting group..check it out..sharon

Kim said...

All things wonderful here. Such a generous gift from Darlene.

Carole said...

You certainly were spoiled! ;o) How sweet of Darlene! Hugs!