Thursday, April 29, 2010

Views of Paris

A few beautiful photos of Paris to share with you. Every street we walked down was something new to discover. Paris really is a walking city but if your feet get tired there is always the Metro to take you a block or two. I won't say much other than I hope you enjoy them.


Seine River runs right through the middle of Paris. Lots of pretty bridges along the Seine.

View from the top of Eiffel Tower.
This became our new best friend when we needed a rest.

Paris Flea Market.
Paris Flea Market.
Gold statue on one of the many bridges crossing the Seine.

Canal Tour, it was a very pretty boat tour through the canals, part of the tour was under ground.
I think this must be the only hill in Paris, walking up to the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre. Also, known for being the home of famous artists.


Fleas markets open up along the Seine.
Doesn't that look like a flower? This shop made all the cones this way, didn't matter how many people were waiting they all looked so pretty. My sorbet cone with mango and raspberry, it was the most delicious sorbet I've every had. And this place was just around the corner from our apartment, we even went twice in one day.

Well that's it for vacation photo's. If you are interested in seeing more, I have a web album and could send you the link......just ask. But remember to leave me a way to contact you.

Now back to being a quilting blog, I hope you enjoyed my little vacation. My DH is already asking where we are going next.....PARIS....do you really need to ask.  For now I'm just happy to be at home.
Bye for now,
Wendy

28 comments:

Ida13 said...

Will you come to Budapest? We could meet!

Darlene said...

Oh Paris in the Spring time - delightful. There's really nothing like cities and villages in Europe. Thank you for sharing, Wendy.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how beautiful! I'm totally jealous!

Joanne said...

Thank-you so much for sharing!♥

Ruth said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Was it romantic?

Needled Mom said...

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Paris with you!!!! Thank you for taking us along.

Lynn said...

Breathtaking! Are you really planning a Paris trip again?

Kaaren said...

Thanks for the memories, Wendy. Although it's been a while, may of your photos are timeless and it only seems like yesterday when I last visited Paris. Would you believe it was over 30 years ago?

Kate said...

Gorgeous photos. Id love to go to Paris one day...

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures -- I'll bet you had a wonderful time. Isn't it funny how we get attached to some places and always want to go back? For me, it's Scotland!

Marit said...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us - loved the pictures!

Lori said...

What a gorgeous place! Your photos were beautiful!!

Kate B said...

Wendy the pictures were awesome. Glad to hear you were fine with the travelling and the volcano eruption. Can you please send me a link to the photos. laceysox@yahoo.com See you at Stitchery group!

Fiona said...

I love Paris and I loved your photographs - makes me want to hop on the Eurostar right now!

Jeanne said...

I've never been to Paris, but your photos sure make me want to visit. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics.

Ginger Patches said...

Great pictures!! I would love to have that link...I love travel photos!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those are some great photos too Wendy. It's so pretty and colorful. I really enjoyed that. That ice cream was awesome. Hunka would be lovin that. He'd go twice a day too. I would love the link also. Gotta see more.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Beautiful pictures. I would have loved to have gone into that flea market. It looked like some great things in that picture.

Have a great weekend.

Sue-Anne said...

Fantastic photos Wendy. I think I could look at Paris pics all day. I so want to go there!

ale balanzario said...

Thanks for sharing your photos, I would love to visit Paris one day.
Saludos
Ale

Libby said...

Mmmmm - such a fabulous trip. Thanks for sharing the pics . . . . the next best thing to being there *s*

Pam said...

It sounds like the most fabulous holiday ever!!

Welcome home. Are you working at the Creative Edge on Tuesday??

Teresa said...

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of Egypt and Paris. I am not a world traveler - don't even want to leave the USA - but I sure enjoy seeing the sights through other people's eyes.

sewkalico said...

You have taken some beautiful pictures. It really does make me want to walk around Paris with my DH again!!

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, my! That looks like a fabulous place to visit! For some reason I thought it would be a) dirtier and b) more crowded. Thanks for sharing the photos - I'll have to add Paris to my list of places to visit one day.

Shakerwood said...

Just beautiful pictures! I don't even own a visa yet but Dear Hubby does. Guess I need to get one soon!

Sandra Henderson said...

I'm in tears. We went in at Easter time 2000. HEAVENLY. Stayed near St. Germain in walking distance to EVERYTHING! just dreamy. even now. you can hear about it, read about it, you just want know until you go with someone you love... thank you.
I'd love to see more photos!
www.cumberlandislandquiltchick.com
and
cumberlandquiltchick@yahoo.com

Carole said...

What a fabulous trip! Thank you for sharing your experience! Lovely pictures! Cheers!