Sunday, May 30, 2010

House Guest


Meet Kitten our house guest for the next week, he is my daughters cat and I'm taking care of him while she is off camping with a friend. He's just over a year old and very curious and LOTS of energy. Yesterday morning I woke up early and went looking for the cat. On a side note, Lula has no problems with him, she just wants to make friends but Kitten is being a snob. So anyway......back to my little story, I get up and CAN'T find the cat, I looked everywhere AND....... under everything, where could he be???. Then I noticed a few things knocked down in the laundry room. Okay....the cat must be behind the washing machine, I look back there and NO cat.....but WAIT, what is THAT?? a "hole in the wall", where did that HOLE come from??? I've never seen that before. Then I see it.... the unthinkable, "eyes" staring back at me.....WHAT!!! the cat is in the WALL of my house! How did he get in there???? and most important, how LONG has he been in the wall AND how do I get him out????, now I'm getting panicked, how could this happen??? I start trying to pull out the washing machine....I look again....OH NO.....where IS the CAT, I don't see him anymore, he's gone in behind the wall. All kinds of unthinkable things are going through my head, I've lost my daughters cat and will he be stuck in there for.......well.....I won't say it. I ran upstairs and woke up DH in a panic, "Kitten is in the wall of the house!". DH comes to take a look and says "what's the big deal, he'll come out eventually...... EVENTUALLY!!! I want him out NOW!!!. The cat continues to come and forth looking at us and then disappears, each time he disappears I'm thinking "how far can he go and will he NOT come back". It took a while and a little tearing of the lino on the floor and DH gets behind the machine and quickly grabbed Kitten, he wasn't too happy about being dragged out. Very quickly that hole is covered up with a board and LONG nails, there was a little crack open and I said "stuff this towel in the crack", DH thought I was crazy, it just made me feel better to have it all sealed up. So that was the second day of having this cat.....the first day was a minor incident with water on the floor around the toilet and then this morning I woke up to find my back door curtains and rod on the floor....what's next????

25 comments:

Darlene said...

He's terribly cute and very busy! LOL

Terry said...

This is why we have an outdoor cat! LOL

tudorc said...

Kitten is beautiful! And what a lively personality! That's what you gotta love about cats - you never know what they'll come up with! So...only what, 5 days left?

Mary said...

Love the story. We had "Rocky"who looks just like "Kitten". Kittys are wonderful. "Princess" has sto check out all my quilts, and loves to curl up on them. Kittys and fabric just go together. Have fun!!!

paulette said...

Hilarious!! You will have to keep us posted...one week you say? ha ha
Paulette

Red Geranium Cottage said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!! That sounds like something my husband would say. And then he'd proceed to get the cat out right after I knocked him upside his head. lol My husbands head not the cats. lololol That is a funny, to me story. I'm sure it wasnt funny to you.
Enjoy your little houseguest.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your little house guest will be keeping you on your toes! Must admit...darned cute stinker!!

Mimi said...

LOL. Your story started to remind me of the week we babysit my son's dog. For their benefit on returning home, I showed them his innocent "mug shot" and then pictures of my blinds that were chewed up from outside and inside. I am sure the neighbors thought our house was going to pot because from the road it looked like we were in shambles. Needless to say, I won't be babysitting this dog ever again. It "cost" me to do them a favor. How much longer?

Carol said...

Doesn't sound like you'll be getting any rest as long as you have a house guest!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh the excitement of house (wall) guests.

Teresa said...

That darn cat! They can drive you nuts sometimes.

Shakerwood said...

Isn't babysitting grand"pets" fun??

Sue-Anne said...

Sounds like you are going to have a very long week ahead!

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

What an adventure! Hope the rest of the week is not so exciting!

Loris said...

Oh boy...this would make me crazy too. But they do usually come out for food. Glad you got the hole THOUROUGHLY blocked :-) You are a good cat mom! Hope he gives you a break the rest of the week and just enjoys the cat vacation!

Lori said...

It would be great if he was the type to find a comfortable spot and sleep. But, just think of the stories you'll be able to tell at family gatherings for years down the line!! LOLROF!

Jeanne said...

Cats are always entertaining and full of surprises. Your grandcat is adorable.

Kim said...

Is this a kitten or a bobcat? Sheesh, it seems intent on ripping up the house and your sanity as well. I think your daughter owes you a big favor after this. Hand in there. :-D

Kaaren said...

Welcome to the "babysitting your child's pet" world, Wendy. On the bright side though, they're easier to take care of than grandbabies.

Only how many more days?...but who's counting? *wink*

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Goodness - what a tough cat sitting job! I'm still laughing at DH's response! Hope nothing else goes wrong!!!

Diane said...

Oh, I feel for you. I only kitty sat once, but once was enough. My brother's cat ate a cactus arrangement in the middle of the night. The next day, she jumped on a hot electric stove burner. She also managed to get "lost" in our one bedroom apartment. We finally found her hiding atop an impossibly high cupboard.

tami said...

Isn't it amazing the tiny places they will get into? Too funny. You will miss his antics when he goes home. ;)

JayTee said...

Looks like my Sylvester!!

prashant said...

He's terribly cute and very busy!
Banner Advertising Network India

Julia said...

Thank you for these very interesting tips, it's really nice to find articles as interesting as yours! I wish you health, longevity, success, happiness and peace of heart.

Voyance discount rose