Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend retreat, sorry my camera didn't make it out of my bag this time. There was 17 of us and what a fantastic group of ladies, we laughed all weekend and played a silly game each day,....of course......I didn't win anything.....don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining one bit......I had such a fun time.  The accommodations were great, the food was "to die for", so delicious and home cooked. The Edenvale Retreat centre employees really know how to pamper us.

Here is the sewing I accomplished over the weekend. I decided working on little quilts would give me that instant gratification of completing something.

This is an older Kathy Schmitz panel that's been in my sewing room for a long time. It was long over due to be made into something, I added the small blue border with cornerstones and the outer black border with blue corners. A friend gave me the idea to finish this little quilt using pearl cotton and the "big stitch" quilting, I think it will really suit this quilt.
This is a Lori Smith pattern, I bought the pattern and fat quarters as a kit on my LA trip. I'm still deciding if I should add the top border, the pattern doesn't have this border in the instructions. The binding is blue so that might finish it off.
My second little quilt using the Lil Twister ruler, these are very addictive. This was a charm pack called Max and Whiskers, really fun group of fabrics.
I started stitching Pacific Patchwork new free BOM called Home Sweet Home. This is block one done in brown and a little pink. So that's it for my weekend away. 

 Today was a beautiful sunny day so I took these pictures from my front porch.

Keep on Stitching. 


27 comments:

carine said...

Hello, those are very beautiful! Well-done! Greetings from Bruges Carine

Quilting By Celia said...

Love all your projects. I'm hoping to go on a retreat in May and can't wait.

Carol said...

You got tons done Wendy...what a great time you must have had!

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are great, aren't retreats wonderful??
Wendy

Cheryl said...

I want to go on a retreat. There were quite a few of them reported on this week in blogland. All your projects are wonderful. I just picked up a new Lori Smith, but have to put it away until other things get finished.

Wendy said...

Great work! Love the little twister one. It is on my list of future projects. I go to retreat twice a year and love it!
I think I would put a top border on the basket one...sort of looks unfinished. Me being a symmetrical person and all...

I am off to check out the BOM you spoke about.

Karen said...

You got a lot done at the retreat. I like the Kathy Schmitz panel quilt top. I don't ever remember seeing that panel before. The designs on it would make nice and easy applique designs.

Darlene said...

A super productive week end - love all your projects. :-) I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Stina Blomgren said...

Retreats....such a lovely word...smiling just hearing it...and what I gave read ... Your retreat was just all that... A big smile...:0) Sure need something like this to happen here!!!

Lori said...

What pretty little projects! And you did accomplish a lot!!

Terry said...

Your little quilts are all so pretty! I love them! :0)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh lovely little quilts. Your weekend sounds spectacular, I'm glad you could get away and enjoy the friends and fun.

Linda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love the quilt parade!!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I just think that little twisters quilt is so pretty. Love the colors

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it was really fun. I love all of the projects. I REALLY need to make one of those Lil' Twisters. FABULOUS!

Sinta Renee said...

All of your little projects are adorable! What a wonderful retreat... having fun and getting things done!woohoo!

Sharon said...

WOW..you got a lot done on your retreat! Love all of your projects...I have the pattern for the baskets, but have not started it yet. Love her designs!

Valspierssews said...

What a fun way to get your sewing done.

Vivian said...

You're such a smart gal to aim for some small finishes. Getting to say "It's done!" now and then keeps us energized for those bigger projects that seem to go on and on.

Your projects are varied and sweet! I've made several little quilts like your Lil Twister, but none were as colorful and interesting as the ones you've been making. I think I need to try it again.

Heartsdesire said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your retreat.
Nothing beats good quilting friends and good food. I love your twister quilt. I just made one this week using Pure charm squares. I love the charm pack you used. It really pops. Unfortunately, I didn't get quite enough contrast on a couple of the pinwheels and they faded into each other a bit, but now that I've made one I know I can do better the next time.
Judie

Abby and Stephanie said...

Little Twister is a popular and fun little thing. Very sweet quilts.

Anonymous said...

Enjoying your photos!

julieQ said...

What a fun weekend!! I think it is such a great idea to get away, reconnect...love all the projects!

Cheryl said...

Retreats are the best...and when the camera doesn't come out you know lots of sewing, laughing and eating are happening..at least that's what happens to me!!! Great projects!

Sharon said...

Lots of great things there Wendy. Glad you had a good time on your retreat.

Floss said...

Looks like you got lots done. Glad you had a fun retreat.

Anonymous said...

Your work surprised me a lot because it's been a long time since I found this wonderful sharing.

telephone gay