Thursday, February 21, 2013

Finished and Almost Finished




I feel like I have too many things close to being finished. My scrappy 4 patch quilt is completed finally....well its a fimsy anyway. I've been trying to get this one sewn for a few weeks especially since it was only the sashing than needed done. The blocks have been ready for months. It didn't help that I got food poisoning last week and a cold the week before that. I'm so much better now. No more colds for me! 

The top border is really done, it's just not in this picture, I was trying to get some pictures when the light was good and it was before the last border went on. This quilt is a nice lap size, I love how it turned out. Those little white squares are finished at 1".
Again another project so close to being finished. I started this notion organizer at a class before Xmas, it only needs the binding at this point. It took so long because the zipper was tricky and I was waiting for the instructions. I'll show the inside next time, it' has pockets to keep everything in one place.

At least the purse is a more resent class a couple weeks ago before all the sickness but look it's still waiting for zipper and handles. I feel like there are too many things going at once and nothing to show. So there you go a few almost finished projects. I hope to have something more finished next time.

Happy Quilting.

13 comments:

Raewyn said...

Your projects are looking good - I love your scrappy four-patch - very effective! And the bags - just lovely; love your choice of fabric for the brown one, and the pinwheels look great on it.

Terry said...

Your quilt looks wonderful! And I love the purse! You'll have a couple more finishes in no time! :0)

Kindred Quilts said...

Gorgeous 4 patch quilt! Love the pinwheel purse!

Lesley said...

Wendy, your scrappy quilt is gorgeous! Love the fabrics and your piecing looks perfect! Well done! Love the bags too!

Sue SA said...

I love the scrappy quilt, colours are great and love that the darks are the background. The brown purse matches your kitchen bench...how cool is that! I have never stitched a purchased handle...do you need a special needle? Would love to know what the pattern is called...not that I need anymore purses! I myself have an unfinished tote bag that needs attention ASAP! ;)

cyndiofthevortex said...

Your scrappy four patch must get finished! It is too cute to leave it as a UFO. What a bright and happy quilt it is! I also love the colors in your purse. Earth tones are so comforting. I hope you're keeping these! I would if it were me. Although if you're looking for someone to gift them to...

Heartsdesire said...

Another gorgeous quilt, Wendy. Lovely and scrappy. Just the way I like them. Glad to read you are feeling better. I'm sure you'll be able to finish up all those unfinished projects now that you have more energy.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

You've been busy. Love that bag. And the notion nest. your quilt is looking good too.
I quilted a big one today. Now onto the binding.
Hope your feeling better.
Hugs

Susan said...

Give it another week or two and all those almost finished will be finished. Love the quilt, great design.

Kaaren said...

Your scrappy four patch just makes my heart sing, Wendy. Along with the other projects you're working on, I think I hear a choir singing in my chest!

Just think, you're sooooo close to four awesome finishes!

antique quilter said...

the purse is beautiful love your new quilt too!
the setting is great, love the lights going thru the quilt, great job
Kathie

Ondrea said...

MOre gorgeous projects. LOve the brown bag.

voyance said...

Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.
voyance sérieuse gratuite par mail