Tuesday, September 10, 2013

More Appliqué


I'm still working on the Le Jardin applique blocks, number 3 is prepped and ready to stitch. These two little applique blocks are a Lori Smith pattern, can't remember the name right now. These blocks finish at 5" so are pretty small. I'm enjoying the reds, greens, cheddar and brown combinations.
The bread and butter pickles are ready. I didn't buy enough pickling cucumbers for some silly reason, I don't know what happened. Only came home with 8 lbs and then DH picked up another 5 lbs for me. I should have had something close to 20 lbs, same as the dill pickles. Next time I'll make sure I get more cucumbers. This will have to do until next year because I'm done and don't feel like making more.

Happy Quilting.

10 comments:

Rosebud said...

Hi, I enjoy your emails so very much but I just noticed that I'm getting them twice each day. Is there any way you can delete one and still keep the other. I really don't want to miss any of them. Thanks so much.

Carrie P. said...

such pretty blocks.

Darlene said...

Beautiful blocks, Wendy.

Enjoy the pickles.

Odry said...

Esos aplicados que preciosidad y esos encurtidos Uhmmmmmm,+.... mi debilidad.

Saludos :)

Misty said...

Wow, love the applique blocks! They are the perfect combination of scale, pattern and fabrics. Gorgeous!

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are gorgeous. The pickles look delicious too.

Cheryl said...

Love the new blocks! And 5"! Wow.

Heartsdesire said...

Love the blocks, and the fabrics are a great choice. Mmm bread and butter pickles, my favourite.

Kindred Quilts said...

Really like the fabrics in your applique blocks! So pretty!

Carolien said...

Your appliqué blocks are so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

Have a nice weekend!