Sunday, September 1, 2013

Le Jardin Block


I finished the second block of my Le Jardin BOM. I'm still using the Hugs and Kisses freezer paper, I hope the washing will make the applique soft when it's all done. Has anyone use this product?
The dill pickles are canned, have to wait a month to give them a try.
This is a small sampling of the cucumbers and carrots we are harvesting from the garden. I wasn't sure there would be any cucumbers growing because we were late planting them. They are so tasty in salads, crisp and sweet.

Enjoy the long weekend. I still plan to make bread and butter pickles this weekend.

12 comments:

Matilde said...

Muy bonito..

Matilde said...

Muy bonito..

Judy S. said...

Those pickles look yummy! And so do your quilts!

Needled Mom said...

Such a pretty block! Isn't it amazing how much time is required from our gardening?

Cheryl said...

Love the new block! You will have to keep us updated on the new freezer paper. I am still using starch and my iron.

Darlene said...

Adorable block, Wendy. It's all about those bunnies. LOL

Kindred Quilts said...

Lovely block Wendy. Keep us posted on the new freezer paper... you will be providing very useful information about it to those of us waiting in the wings to try it!
Wonderful goodies from your garden, too!

Lori said...

Love your block! I took a workshop at market with the maker of hugs and kisses and she passed around several projects made with the paper and it really was soft. I think you will like it.

Ondrea said...

The Le Jardin block is quite eye catching in those colours. Beautiful work. Your harvest is good and put to good use. We have been picking carrots and broccoli here but not much left now.

Anonymous said...

I've been away and still playing catch up. Your block is darling!

Carole said...

That is quite a bounty! Our garden did not do as well. We had such a strange summer. Everything seemed 4 weeks behinds. Our tomatoes were rip just a couple of weeks ago. So unheard of. Your Le Jardin blocks are coming along nicely! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
voyance gratuitement par mail