Sunday, February 23, 2014

Scrappy 4 Patch and More


Here is the scrappy 4 patch laying out. I didn't have a pattern for the finished quilt. These are double 4 patch blocks with added sashing. I had fun coming up with this layout. The original inspiration was similar to this little quilt I made. I hope this answers some questions.
Getting ready for my retreat in a couple of weeks, these churn dash blocks will go in a draw. Some lucky person will have a good size quilt with about 40 blocks in the draw. This quilt is in one of Kim Diehl's books.
Happy mail this week, this was a left over Christmas gift and partly thanks to a wonderful friend. Thanks Darlene,  something a little different for me. I'm going to have some fun!

Happy Quilting! 

16 comments:

Gayle said...

LOVE that scrappy 4-patch! I made my own version of those Kim Diehl blocks - they were fun to do - someone will be very happy to win them all!

Terry said...

Your scrappy four patch is wonderful! I love it! :0)

Cheryl said...

Good luck in the churn dash drawing!

Julianne said...

The scrappy four patch is awesome, very nice! Lovely little churn dashes and fabric bundle too....looking pretty spoiled there! Enjoy!

Lesley said...

Your scrappy four patch is gorgeous!

Heartsdesire said...

I think you'll have lots of fun with that Moda bundle. Nice bright colours for spring. The scrappy four-patch looks great, and someone will be very lucky to win those cute churn dash blocks.

Janet O. said...

Wow! LOVE that 4-patch! The churn dash blocks are very fun, too. I'll have to see if I have the book that is in. Very pretty blocks!

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the scrappy four patch!!

Sue-Anne said...

Wow! hour quilt looks fantastic! Congratulations on the finish.

Ondrea said...

Fantastic quilt! It look quite stunning. Yummy birthday gift too. So many scrummy fabrics to play with

Grit said...

Your quilt looks so, so wonderful.
I love your two new blocks too.
Grit from Germany

Lori said...

The little star churn dashes are so adorable! I don't recall seeing that block before.
Congrats on the beautiful finish! Such a great classic pattern.

Sharon said...

I love the blocks for your retreat. I've always liked that block. Your quilt is wonderful. You are a busy girl over there.
Have you found that S pattern yet? :)

Beausoleil Quilts said...

Enjoy your retreat. Looking at the fabrics, I can see you are going to have fun with them.

Judy S. said...

Love the way the white draws your eye around that scrappy quilt! Nicely done. That cat of yours is almost the spitting image of a kitty I had long ago; oh, the memories!

Michele said...

Your scrappy four patch looks so nice :-)