Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wool


I finished the second wool wallhanging from the Block of the Month I did a few years ago. The pattern called for pennies around the outside but I thought it would look sloppy hanging on the wall. I think it's better without them. Edit: The pattern is from Waltzing with Bears and my version pictured here is 18 x 36.
I'm so happy to see the flowers blooming around the garden after a wonderful few days of sun. The bleeding hearts are looking pretty and the pansies are easy to grow. But now Easter weekend is going to be a wet one for us.

Wishing Everyone a Happy Easter! 

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love it! How big is it finished? Is there a pattern available?

Elizabeth said...

We too are meant to be having a wet Easter Sunday and a grey Monday, perfect days for staying in and stitching. Your wall hanging really is lovely, I really should find time to attempt some wool work.

Anonymous said...

I was sorting through UFOs this am and found my wool garden and the patterns! I completely forgot I had it...then I see yours just now. I need to get quilting mine and soon.

Sue said...

Gorgeous ! Yes I would like to know the name of the pattern and the size ?
Happy Easter !

belarmina said...

Edredón, aplique precioso
el centro de flores muy bonito
buen domingo

Terry said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful! :0)

Leeanne said...

Happy Easter to you Wendy! From Leeanne in New Zealand.

Anna said...

I did the same one and left the pennies off also! great minds....

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful wall hanging

Carol said...

It is just beautiful...perfect without the pennies...I think the pennies would take the focus off the gorgeous center.

Raewyn said...

I do love your wall hanging, Wendy. I'm always surprised to see how quickly things start growing and blooming after the winter. Your pansies are looking lovely.

Ondrea said...

Your wallhanging is simply stunning. Lovely work and lots of it! Pretty pansies.

Lori said...

The rick-rack is so cute too! Congrats on the lovely finish!!

Friendship Crossing said...

LOVE your wallhanging!! I've been wanting to make that one for awhile now.
Happy Easter!

Tanya

sunny said...

I love your wall hanging! Thanks for the pattern info. I think there may be one of these in my future.

Unknown said...

I admit that you do extraordinary work that fascinates me.
voyance gratuite par email