Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stitching


Not much to share this week. I finished this blue bird stitchery potholder. I wanted it to look almost vintage and I think it does kinda look from the 50's. I made it like a oven mitt where your hand can go inside.  Probably won't use it right away, just use it for decoration for a little while. The embroidery was a free pattern I found on Pinterest and I made up the ovenmitt pattern.
Pulled these out and working on what I should do with them. I little quilt most likely. They are all trimmed and ready to go. 

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

Very sweet little bluebirds! : )

Elizabeth said...

Love your projects. You could bag out each of the stitcheries and hang the appropriate one each month, that us if you didn't want to make them into a quilt/wallhanging

Anonymous said...

As always, your stitchery projects are darling!

Ondrea said...

All those stitcheries are beautiful and so sweet. The blue birds do look quite vintage indeed.

sunny said...

Love the bluebirds! Very vintage look. Thanks for steering us to the pattern.

Karen said...

The Bluebird of Happiness. I like.

Darlene said...

It's adorable, Wendy.

Can't wait to see what you do with your redwork blocks.

Heartsdesire said...

The bluebird potholder is very sweet, Wendy. And I love the Sunbonnet Sue redwork. I, too, have that series, and pull it out about once a year. Still haven't finished all 12, but maybe this summer will be a good time to work on them.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Those bluebirds look like they flew off a "summer spread" my grandmother made in the early 20th century!

Cheryl said...

Great stitchery project. Just saw Le Jardin flimsy...hooray for you! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
voyance par mail gratuite

Unknown said...


Merci pour cet article très complet encore une fois

voyance email

Bits of Stitching! said...

Beautifully embroidered bluebirds, and Sunbonnet Sue blocks!