Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Spring


It's starting to feel like spring around here. The daffodil's are blooming and the tulip's are showing signs of opening. The sun came out long enough for the Easter parade and the kids to have fun in the park, playing games and eating hot dogs. My kids are too old for egg hunts but DH and I had a wonderful walk around the park and looking at the vintage cars that were in the parade. My dear In-laws came for dinner and we had a good time looking at their vacation pictures from Hawaii and chatting, drinking wine, eating a delicious ham and the yummy pineapple upside down cake that I made from scratch earlier in the morning. A good time was had by all.

The table runner is from a Quick McCall's magazine a few years ago. I could dig through my magazines to find the issue if needed.

Happy Stitching and Quilting.

16 comments:

swooze said...

Nice table runner! I have plans to make some as a gift for a birthday next month. Need to get on that!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a lovely photograph...the flowers and the tablerunner are so pretty!

Greenmare said...

Pretty! So springy and fresh!

Paula, the quilter said...

That's a pretty little table runner. I need to start making some of those.

May Britt said...

Love this table runner. Beautiful colours. My DD wants me to make things in light colours now, and this one is sooooo cute. I think I have missed this issue of Mc Call because I can't remember this one.

Carole said...

Nice table runner! Looks springy to me! Glad you had a wonderful day. Happy quilting!

Darlene said...

The tablerunner is adorable, Wendy!

Pam said...

That is a very nice table runner. I bet it would look great in wool as well.

Rose Johnston said...

A very nice little table runner teemed with beautiful colourful flowers......a perfect spring picture!!!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous table runner I love the little bumble bee

Juliann in WA said...

I love that table runner - thanks for stopping by my blog

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I LOVE it! What a happy springy look it has. Thank you for sharing a pic of it!

Jeanne said...

That's a very pretty tablerunner! The whole picture says "Spring".

Unknown said...

Your table runner is gorgeous, love your bees, and those flowers are stunning, really makes me think Spring isn't too far away.

Judy said...

Wendy, love the table runner! I followed your comment over here and found all your great work!

BusyBeeQuilter said...

Please provide the issue of the Quick McCall's magazine that contains the table runner. I would love to make it. It is very cute with the bumble bee and flowers! Thank you!