Wednesday, July 18, 2007

TA DA!


I've completed the needlebook for the Pincushion swap, yes... I'm doing both the pincushion and needlebook. I can't show the pincushion just yet as Miet from Belgium would like to be surprised, so I'll post a picture after she receives the pincushion in her hot little hands. Miet doesn't have a blog because she thinks her English isn't good enough, I think she'd do very well.

Sorry I didn't use the fabric I pictured with the stitchery in my last post (some of you really liked that fabric). This is what Susan will be getting from me. I hope she will like it, I know her favourite colour is green so this should be prefect....I hope. This is the second needlebook I've made recently, the first one was all done in redwork and red fabric, sometimes I forget that I'm not making it for me.

Here is the inside, complete with green wool for needles and a pocket w/ flap to tuck away scissors and thimble. The size is 5"x5 1/2" closed. After making this I was thinking how great to have this on-hand ready with assortment of needles, scissors and a bobbin or 2 of thread and it's ready to take any meeting.

Happy Stitching to everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty Wendy and such lovely fabric that you've used on the inside. I'm sure Susan will just love it.

Darlene said...

Wow, that's adorable, Wendy! Susan is going to love it and use it everyday.

Jo Raines said...

How cute! I love it. And the beautiful fabric inside.

Unknown said...

That needlebook is great.

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous needlebook. I love your fabric choices.

~Bren~ said...

I knew I should have gotten in on that swap! Your needle book is wonderful. I LOVE it!

Leigh said...

Wendy that is fantastic.
I'm sure Susan will be thrilled to receive that.

Knot Garden said...

That's SEW pretty, the embroidery, the fabrics, the buttons...all wonderful:)

Carole said...

That's sweet! Love the fabric. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne said...

It turned out just perfect. I'm sure Susan will cherish it. Can't wait to see the pincushion.

Susan said...

Rest assured, Susan loves it! You do wonderful stitchery.

I've been meaning to come check your blog for several days, and see if you posted it. =)

Thank you so much for being such a great swap partner! This will be one swap I won't be sorry I did. =)

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your needlebook!
Wendy - do you put a stabilizer behind your stitcheries?