Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Jelly Roll Quilt


Here it is, a quilt that is no longer a flimsy! There is something very satisfying to have a quilt all finished with the binding on and everything. I'm thinking of giving this quilt to a girlfriend who just had her 50th birthday....I know better late than never. She has been a really great friend and always there for me over many years of our kids growing up. These are her colours and I know she'll love it because I showed it to her the other day without the binding and "she said, those are my colours". She would never expect that I would be giving her the quilt, especially since I've never given one to her before and it's past her Birthday. She is also a quilter, so we've never given each other quilts. I wanted to make sure she was going to like it before giving it to her and I think she'll be even more surprised now that she's seen it.

I've been working on Pinwheel Blocks same as Darlene's. Only I'm not making the quilt as big as she did. Mine will be 2 smaller quilts of 18 blocks each for a total of 36 blocks completed this past weekend. I've started the sashing and will show you when the top is done, it's a very easy block and fun to do. The 30's fabrics always make me smile when I look at it. Such a fun quilt to make.

22 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

This quilt is so fresh and soft. What a wonderful gift it would make for a good friend. I looked at those jelly rolls at the shop when we were on retreat but just couldn't bring myself to buying them. Maybe next time.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt, and what a lucky friend. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

swooze said...

The quilt is just gorgeous. I am sure she will be thrilled!

Darlene said...

Your friend will love that quilt - it's stunning. It will be a cherished birthday gift. In fact I was thinking about this quilt just yesterday and was going to ask you about it.

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Wow, what a wonderful quilt.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

what a beautiful quilt. Your friend is a lucky gal to receive that. If that's what you get when you turn 50 I can't wait!!

Susan said...

I've really enjoyed looking over your blog. We have some of the same taste in patterns! Love the applique. Your friend will be thrilled to have anything you make for her. Quilters are not often given quilts!

Floss said...

What a pretty quilt, the colours look so fresh. What a lovely gift, it is always so nice when people love what you have made for them.

Unknown said...

This quilt is so lovely, your friend is lucky, I would love to get one like that ;)

Carol said...

What a pretty, pretty quilt...your friend will just be thrilled.

Leigh said...

I love your quilt. It is very me too. Your friend will be delighted. If not.....

Pam said...

Such a pretty quilt. I guess it's not for me because I'm not 50 until next year - LOL -- boy that was a hard thing to say - 50!! I think 50 definitely deserves a quilt. I'm sure your friend will love it :))

Jenni said...

It's great. 'Finished' is good too!

Rose Marie said...

Lovely quilt and your friend is one very lucky lady! Did you use just 1 jelly roll for the blocks?

Belvie said...

I love this quilt!! I am particularly fond of the soft colors. That's what I work with most of the time and what I also seems to be drawn to in the quilt shops.

Libby said...

Well, aren't you a crafty gal? Making sure she likes the quilt - a perfect plan *s* It's beautiful and of course she'll love it!

Jeanne said...

It's a wonderful quilt, Wendy. Your friend is very fortunate to receive it. I'm sure she will think of you every time she cuddles under it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty quilt...you are amazing with the volume of quilts you finish!

Carole said...

What a beautiful quilt! Hey, I should be turning 50 mentally in about 100 years, that should give you enough time to get one started for my bday! lol ;o) Thanks for sharing!

Knot Garden said...

It's beautiful, I should think she will love it. The colours are lovely and I like the applique on the corners.

Quilting Pirate said...

I know the feeling...feeling of accomplishment when a quilt is ALL DONE and you are ready to share it with someone special! YAH for another completed quilt!

Nicole said...

Wow, I love this quilt! Your friend will be over the moon if you give it to her. Your applique is awesome.