Thursday, July 12, 2007

Heat Wave


It's been so hot on the West Coast, we are breaking all the records for high temperatures. For the most part sleeping is good with a portable AC in the bedroom but during the day it's been unbelievably HOT! Yesterday I hibernated in the basement with my DWR blocks. I can do the hand appliqué on my blocks while I keep cool. I even did 2 loads of washing as well but as soon as I come upstairs I loose any energy I have left. Wouldn't even think of sitting in my sewing room with this heat.

I wasn't looking forward to another day in the heat, just when I was trying to think of what I should do today. I received an email from a friend who recently purchased a Sewing and Vacuum store, she invited me to come and "play" at her shop....in the AC....whew hoo...I'm packing up my sewing machine and fabrics and away I go.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy your DWR is gorgeous, love your new banner as well. We've had a few days of hot, but are back to pouring rain. Think we've only had about 5 days without rain so far this summer. Enjoy your time at your friends store.

Floss said...

Love the colour in the DWR. The appliqué looks so much easier than the traditional curved piecing.

Enjoy your day in the AC.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Enjoy that ac with your friend. Your weather records are incredible - we're a lot cooler today, just terribly windy. Hope it cools down and is more seasonal for you soon.

~Bren~ said...

Your DWR blocks are wonderful. I LOVE your header!!!

Knot Garden said...

Have a nice time at the shop. I don't envy you the heat!

Darlene said...

Enjoy your day in your friend's store. A/C and sewing what more could you ask for? :-)

Were you ears ringing this morning? I was showing off my bags to a couple of friends at the nearest quilt store. They were in awe. (just like me!)

Libby said...

A/C and sewing machines - what girl wouldn't leap at the chance. Hope you have a great day *s*

corry said...

I love your blog, the quilts you made are beautiful!!

Carole said...

Hey, nice header! How'd you do that? I say get an a/c for the sewing room. That's what I did! Oh, and a pool for when you need a break! The DWR is looking sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Leigh said...

Your dwr is coming on really well. It looks great.

Samantha said...

Hope it cools off soon! The DWR block are gorgeous!

Susan said...

Your DWR looks wonderful. Love those colors. The blocks look so nicely flat, too. Are you doing this by hand, then?

A day at the shop in the air conditioning sounds just perfect!

Rose Johnston said...

Love ur banner.....ur DWR is just gorgeous.....u know u can send some of that heat down this way if u like!!! lol

Rhonda said...

Beautiful wedding ring. You've inspired to me to maybe start on a second wedding ring. Maybe...LOL

QuiltMom said...

Enjoy the air conditioning- it sure has been hot in Western Canada- I live in Edmonton and I don't remember two weeks of pretty solid mid 30 C .It is so hot and I an tryingg to quilt in front of a fan as I am a teacher and this is summer vacation. Your wedding ring quilt is a beauty.
Regards,
Anna