Sunday, February 12, 2012

Patchwork in Florence

We are home again after our vacation in Paris, Rome and Florence, turned out to be the coldest winter in Europe in almost 30 years. We missed the snowfall in Rome but found some snow in the small medieval town of Siena about 2 hrs north of Rome. We didn't stay there long but really enjoyed the narrow streets with lots of shopping and good food in the local restaurants also know as Osteria's. As we moved onto Florence about 1 hr from Siena we found it cold but no snow. Florence and Siena are very similar only Florence is a lot bigger. The weather didn't stop us from enjoying both towns. Walking around the streets is amazing with something different around every corner. A twenty minute walk from our hotel in Florence we found a quilt shop called Agomago.

This shop had a bit of everything, lots of pretty floral fabrics, Japanese books and fabrics to go with the books. I didn't buy much fabric as the prices were very expense at $28 per meter. It's fun to find such a sweet shop while traveling.

You'll find lots of FQ's and notions along this wall.

The shop window display is very pretty. I found all the dress and shoe shops had wonderfully put together displays in the windows, the store fronts are very small and they make the best of it. I wish I'd take more pictures of windows.

The shop also carried knitting and needlework supplies.The hearts in the window caught my eye right away. So it feels very good to be home after seeing some fantastic cities and all the history that goes with it. I think I've seen enough museums and sculptures to last me a while. I'm looking forward to getting back to regular sewing and playing with fabrics.

Happy Quilting.

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How did I miss that shop when we visited Florence? Hmmmm. Didn't you love Sienna? Did you get to see any of the great museums in Florence?

Darlene said...

Welcome home, Wendy. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! I thought about you when I heard it was snowing in that area.

I missed you. :-)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

sounds like you have had a wonderful trip! Amazing how we quilters can always sniff out a good quilt shop huh. when we were in Barcelona last year I found 9 of the 12 quilt shops there!

nancy huggins said...

Sounds like an awesome trip but know sure if I could handle the jet lag from the plane ride.
Glad you had such a good time :)
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed pictures of your trip, lovely spots to visit, someday hubby and I will travel.....Thanks for sharing.
Wendy

Cheryl said...

Florence and Sienna were my favorite towns in Italy...of course, they were the only large cities I visited. I did not run across the sweet stitchery shop though. Glad you had a good trip and are home safe.

Wendy said...

Welcome back! My husband and I leave in just a little over 2 months for a European tour. Will be in Florence for 2 days. I will have to keep my eyes open for this lovely shop.

Floss said...

sound like you had a wonderful vacation, welcome home.

Carole said...

What lovely shops! So pretty to look at! Thank you for sharing! Cheers!

Smiley Quilter said...

I am going to Italy next week and was searching for quilt stores in Florence. I came across your blog and want to thank you for posting this, will see if we can find it.

voyance said...

You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases.
voyance email

Unknown said...

I think this was already close and i dont know where they transfer.

Unknown said...

Im well honored if they will respond on my comment to where their shop is.thanks a lot:)

judith said...

hello, does this shop still exist?