Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tree Ornaments


A few of my favourite handmade tree ornaments as requested by my friend Linda....Thanks Linda for all your encouragement......here they are on the tree.  The redwork ornaments I stitched last year from this tag pattern I found for free here.

I sewed some homespun on the back and added a little stuffing, a small piece of homespun and rusty bell at the top. You can see it better on the picture below. 

Every year I make a couple new ornaments. 

These wool ornaments are from a few years ago. I love them.  

There are 2 more of these I didn't get a picture of. 

Isn't this guy funny, the beard is made of buttons. I didn't make him, I got him in a ornament exchange at the guild. I never did find out who the maker was....it's one of my favourite as well.

Merry Christmas! 

17 comments:

Darlene said...

Wendy - they are all adorable! Very cute, indeed.

Heartsdesire said...

Love those cute ornaments, Wendy. I did get the Reets' Rags to Stitches pattern, but still haven't finished them. I guess I'll have to hustle this week.

Quilter Kathy said...

A very fun ornament show! So many creative ideas!

Darlene D said...

Love, love, love the little stitcheries. Thanks so much for the links. Hope to make these for next year. I need a "quilty" tree!!

Kathy said...

Those are so cute - thanks for reminding me - I downloaded that pattern last year when you wrote about it, and never made them. Now that I see again how cute yours are, I need to get that pattern out and traced. Those would be great to get going for next year. Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

Thank you for the link to oh so cute patterns! I love your ornaments, they're adorable! Merry Christmas! :)

Kindred Quilts said...

Love the ornaments... the silly cat is a favorite! Thanks for the link to the patterns!

Kathy H said...

Great ornaments. They make me want to make some too but I think I will run out of time.

Anonymous said...

Wendy these decorations are gorgeous,well done.xx

Cheryl said...

Adorable! I could see filling them with holiday potpourri!

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Thanx for the tag patterns, I have saved them and will use them.

Carol said...

Oh Wendy what wonderful ornaments!

Ondrea said...

I love them all!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh gosh I love all your ornaments! I've been working on the stitching the gift tags too. ;-)

Carole said...

Too cute! Hand made ornaments make the tree so unique! Thanks for sharing!

Bonny said...

Love your wool ornaments - where did you purchase the pattern for the Raggedy Ann?
Thank you :)

voyance said...


I really love this post I will visit again to read your post in a very short time and I hope you will make more posts like this.
voyance gratuitement par mail