Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas, Snow and Reno's


So much has happened this past week....a bit of a long post. I finished the bag for my Mom and mailed it before the snow storm. The bag is bigger than I expected, I should pay attention to the dimensions before deciding on a pattern. If it looks cute in the picture, I dive right in.

It snowed for two days straight, very unexpected. It caused a lot of problems with traffic.  With hills in my area, trucks and buses couldn't make it up, the roads were too slippery. I couldn't leave the house, I'm thinking we got at least 12", ask me how I know this....I shoveled the front walk a few times because DH was away on a business trip. 

Fonz had fun playing in the snow.

In the middle of a snow storm the contractor insisted he could still make it over to install doors. His half hour drive took 3 hours but he made it here. Before: This is the ugly back door off the kitchen.

And After: Isn't it pretty with the big open window, I'm am so thrilled with my new door. The kitchen is much brighter.....I really love how it looks. 

Before: This door is off the dinning room and goes out to a deck on the side of the house. Isn't it the ugliest door......yuck, I've always disliked this door since we bought the house.

And After: Oh so much more light and a pretty door. Oops I took a picture before the tape was removed from glass.  The new doors are solid wood. I agonized over picking the stain colour, and even paid someone to help me (what do I know about stain and doors) and in the end I wasted my money, I didn't like the colour she suggested....I'm so happy with my choice.

Boo is showing us he is in charge of the tree. He plays with the ornaments and climbs up the middle. The tree doesn't look as nice now, Boo has done some rearranging himself and he's definitely happy about it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

25 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Your doors both look great! Love your kitty under the tree - he looks quite cozy there!

Loves to Quilt said...

Your new doors look fabulous! Merry Christmas!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Both dorrs look great and bring lots of light into the house.
Merry Christmas to you and your family too :-)

May Britt said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Raewyn said...

Merry Christmas!!! A white Christmas sounds so lovely to me here in the middle of summer - but I guess it does have its drawbacks! Your new doors are great, and the bag for your mum looks really nice too.

Cheryl said...

The new doors look great...better to see all that lovely snow! Merry Christmas!

Darlene said...

Your new doors are beautiful, Wendy. Sure brightens your home.

Boo is definitely guarding the Christmas tree. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy the snow (not the shovelling)..........the doors look great......have a wonderful Christmas.......

Anonymous said...

love your new doors Wendy,merry xmas.xx

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love your new doors Wendy!~ and the color is perfect. That is a lot of snow! Boo and Fonz both look happy. Merry Christmas!

Jan said...

Wonderful pics - love your Mom's bag, and the new doors made a huge difference. They are beautiful!

Heartsdesire said...

The new doors look great, Wendy. And make everything look so much brighter. I'm sure come summer, you'll love being able to look outside at all the greenery. We never did get any snow over here, but it looks very Christmassy around your house.

Terry said...

Your new doors look wonderful! Merry Christmas! :0)

Ondrea said...

Funny how you had a snow storm and we had 40 degrees C! I must say that your house looks so pretty with the snow all around it. I love your new doors, they really brighten up the place. Well chosen. Boo and Fonz are both so gorgeous. Great companions for you I should imagine. Have a very happy Christmas and New Year. Angel hugs.

Roseanne said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Carol said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love your new doors...look at that cute Boo guarding the tree.

paulette said...

I love your new doors!! Your home is wonderful and VERY festive...and Boo seems to be enjoying the season...nothing like a little rearranging to get into the spirit of Christmas!! Speaking of which...have the best Christmas EVER!
P

Cheryl said...

Those doors are beautiful, and the snow too, even though I know it causes problems. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Karen said...

Your new doors look wonderful Wendy - I bet they really brighten up the rooms they are in. Boy you sure got socked with snow - looks beautiful and it's even better if you don't have to drive in it lol. Hope your holidays have been wonderful.

Happy Holidays - karen

Carole said...

Lovely changes you have made! We are now experiencing a snow storm and have thus far over 12 inches of snow. It's been a long time since we've had a storm of that magnitude! It's a pleasant welcome! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Both doors are wonderful. They make such a beautiful difference.

Teresa said...

I just love your new doors and I know you are happy with all the additional light you are now getting. Boo does look happy under the tree. My cats used to love to sleep under the tree, but fortunately they never bothered the ornaments.

Danielle Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle Bailey said...

I like your contractor’s professionalism in doing their job. They still managed to work on installing your door despite the snow storm. I can say, they did an amazing job! The new door looks much better, and I think that’s more energy-efficient too. +Danielle Bailey

voyance said...

Great, In my opinion simply done a fanatastic level. You certainly fully understand just what you are talking about, and I might rather become powering that. Nice living then straight up but straightforward.
avenir amoureux gratuit