I always have a stitchery pattern ready to work on when I'm not at my sewing machine. I can watch TV and do hand work at the same time. My DH always says I'm not watching but I listen and look up from time to time. I think I will look for a frame, it's about 11 x 14 so hopefully I won't have a problem.
My quilting friend who lives a few blocks from my house was over last night. We are working on 2 scrappy quilts at the same time. We are cutting and sewing all the blocks together for 2 queen size quilts. We need to make 60 blocks and have 10 complete. Lots of the blocks are close to completion and then each of us will have 30 blocks for a large quilt.
I've been tagged by Pam to post 6 weird things about me. I didn't forget Pam, just been busy. I don't think these things are weird, just normal for me. Here we go....
- I don't like to stay in my pajamas when I get up in the morning, first thing I have to do is get in the shower and get dressed.
- I have to put milk in my tea, not cream. Every time I order black tea in a restaurant they always give me cream even if I've already asked them for milk. I won't drink tea with cream.
- I love to find free quilt patterns on the Internet. I print them and they go in a pile. I know I will never use the pattern but I print it anyway. When I'm looking for a pattern to use my stash, I think about all the books and patterns I've paid money for and want to get some use out of them.
- I don't get manicures. I don't like to have nail polish on my nails. The chipping of the polish drives me crazy. When I tried a manicure, it took about 30 seconds before the polish got smugged and dented.
- I have a favorite tea mug that I always use for my morning tea. My daughter gave me the mug with Winnie the Pooh and Tiger holding balloons on it, and it's got my name on it too.
- I like to put raspberry jam on my grilled cheese sandwiches. I know what you're thinking but don't knock it until you try it. Make the grilled cheese as usual and then put jam on top...yummy.