Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mini Road Trip


Well I had my little shopping fix today, went to Lynden Washington and shopped at Tangled Threads and then over to Folk Tales, they are both very nice shops. At Tangled Threads I bought a Buggy Barn pattern and 3 FQ of 30's fabrics which you can see I've already started to cut up. Folk Tales is my favourite store, she has all the latest patterns, books, and lots of hand dyed embroidery thread. She had a display of Crabapple Hill's newest patterns "Pillow Samplers" of all the seasons with beading, "Frilly Ribbons" needle case and pincushion and "Pocketbook Charmers", they were all very cute but I held back since I have so many of her designs that I haven't stitched yet. I always find something I like and get so much inspiration from this cute tiny store. The store is part of her house, the entry is at street level and her house is up above, not a bad job...no commuting. Too bad she doesn't have a website to show you. I did find some things I needed to purchase, 2.5 yds of beige with tiny blue stars and another 1 yd of beige with small clusters of flowers. Also there was a patten that found it's way into my bag, Miss Rosie's "Going Buggy" pattern. I should visit Folk Tales more often because I love to go there.

When I got home my book I ordered arrived "Prairie Children and Their Quilts". I really love these small quilts. This book also has some interesting history on life as a pioneer.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What pretty fabrics, love the going buggy pattern. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Darlene said...

A very successful mini road trip, indeed, Wendy! Fun, fun, fun treasures. Enjoy!

Libby said...

A very successful trip. I'm going to have to check out the book - it sounds like one that is right up my alley.

Knot Garden said...

You got some great stuff, what a fun trip. I've got that book and there are some nice patterns in it. I like the fabrics you bought as well, we all need a shopping fix sometimes:)

swooze said...

Nice loot! I imagine opening a quilt store and living above it in an old downtown building. I think it would be interesting!

Jeanne said...

Isn't it a great day when you get to visit quilt shops? You have made some great choices with your new purchases. Enjoy.

Carol said...

What a fun trip! You got lots of goodies!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and I love your pattern.

Rose Johnston said...

The book sounds great Wendy and i love the fabrics....what a great day u had!!!

Carole said...

Wow, I love those types of quilt stores. How do you find the book on children and their prairie quilts? I enjoy reading about quilting and history. Thanks for sharing your goodies. Have fun!

Jenny said...

Hi Wendy, thanks for coming to visit. Your new book about the prairie children and their quilts sounds like something I would really enjoy.

Unknown said...

What a great "Mini road trip"