Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fall Swap Arrived

A friend of mine was having a Birthday today so it was a good excuse to go out for a leisurely lunch. The 3 of us met up at a LQS for a fabric fix before lunch. The ladies at the shop showed us a really neat trick with 5" charm packs. I'll do up a couple and show you soon...I promise. We got to the restaurant and since we were celebrating a birthday we decided to start with martini's....mmmm so delicious for such a tiny drink. After I devoured my grilled chicken sandwich and pumpkin soup, we still didn't feel like ending the celebration, so what's next??? Dessert of course....oh I can't even describe our decadent desserts. I had a Sour Cherry Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding....yes it was over the top....but oh so delicious...I think I rolled all the way home LOL.

I found a nice surprise in my mail box when I got home. Well it wasn't completely a surprise. This is my Fall Swap quilt which I;ve been waiting for the mailman to bring. Isn't this so cute with the oak leaves quilted on the front. Sue from Quilting without Guilt has even quilted leaves on the back. Take a look she has posted a picture of the back. What a sweet little autumn quilt "Thank you Sue" for being my swap partner. Sue also sent a few little goodies with my quilt. See the postcard with the flower and the black cat...it's all quilted just like any quilt and on the back it's addressed to me with a little message from Sue. The Down Under calendar will be a wonderful addition to my sewing room.
The next swap will be sometime in Nov, check it out if you are thinking of joining the Winter Swap.

15 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute little fall quilt. Mmmm martini for lunch huh? That sounds like a happy lunch for sure.

Cheryl said...

Martini's for lunch? Are we all invited next time? Love your Fall swap quilt.

Sue said...

Glad you like your quilt and that it arrived safely. I was beginning to think it was lost in the post.
I wouldn't mind a martini right now either.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh beautiful! The back is very fun! And your lunch sounds marelous! A few more weeks and I'm going to go playing with a few friends!

swooze said...

Love it. I really like fall foliage.

Karen said...

Oh boy - your lunch sounded YUMMO, my brother calls them tini's, plus that sour cherry dark chocolate dessert would have sent me to hog heaven sister. Glad you had a wonderful times with friends. What a wonderful surprise you had waiting for you when you got home. Darling quilt - might have to check out that winter swap. Could be fun.

Hugs - karen

Pam said...

Sounds like a fun birthday lunch. Martini's and dessert!! Love you fall swap quilt.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Lunch with friends can be fun, but getting a fabric fix on the same day is wonderful! The Fall swap quilt is beautiful.

Carole said...

Wow, that's a sweet looking quilt! Beautiful! What a luch! Good for you! That chocolate dessert sounds divine! Thanks for sharing!

Rose Johnston said...

Im coming for lunch with u!!! lol The quilt is adorble, a great swap and i really love ur "Lost redwork" cant wait to see it finished!!!

Mar said...

What a sweet little quilt. You can have my martini, but that soup and dessert, yummmmmm. Sounds like you had a perfect day!

Darlene said...

What a sweet fall quilt. I know you'll enjoy it.

A great lunch with friends!

Libby said...

Another darling little quilt - this has been the best swap . . . can hardly wait for the winter installment to arrive.

kcdi said...

Great quilt, postcard and calendar. Sounds like a good mail day.

Nan said...

I am drooling over your description of lunch, from the martini to the bread pudding - how divine!
Your Fall Swap quilt is lovely - I wish now I had joined. I may do it for the Winter.