Monday, January 2, 2012

Gifts and BOM

I received a couple of wonderful gifts in the mail, this one is from Mary done in reds and greens. Mary does long arm quilting and it's fabulous! Thanks Mary for thinking of me, I love it!

The second wonderful gift is a stitchery from Sharon. This lady looks really busy with making everything handmade, reminds me of Sharon and how busy she is with her online shop, and don't forget to check out her blog.

The saying is prefect.

I'm up to date with my Generals Wives BOM, this is block one. I'm doing the red toile version, if you follow the link it's shown in blue. That's why my star is blue instead of red, do you follow? There will be lots of red in the setting blocks later on.

Here is block 2 finished, these blocks are 12" and very easy to complete, hopefully that means I can keep up. I'm also finished the first monthly mini for Jan from Daisy Cottage, I'll get a picture of that one soon.

Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am so happy you like your gift. Sorry about that crease but if it wouldn't take so long for stuff to get from Missouri to Canada it would have been just perfect for you. lolol That lady so lies at the post office. One week she says. Year right, try three at least!! lolol
Happy New Year Wendy.
Hugs
sharon

Karen said...

Lots to look at today. Your little quilt from Mary looks very good. I guess you have been a very good girl!

Darlene said...

Wonderful gifts, Wendy.

Stayed tuned - there's one coming from me. :-) teehee!!!

Needled Mom said...

Lovely gifts!

I really like your Generals Wifes blocks. Very pretty.

Donna said...

Great gifts, and I love your blocks!

Cheryl said...

Looks like you are off to a good start in the new year. Both gifts are so wonderful.

Lori said...

Quilty friends are wonderful and thoughtful!!
Love the fabric you are using in the BOM. It is going to be stunning!!

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted you have a little gift from me....and Sharon's is darling too! I'm promising myself to do way better this next year and jumped in on Darlene and Cheryl's Christmas Quilt-A-Long.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What lovely gifts - so pretty! And, I love the handmade - homegrown - do you know where I could find the pattern for that one? Your blocks are really pretty, too!!

Catherine said...

Hi all

I notice that Kelly from Charming Chatter has posted as to where the Homegrown project came from. This project appeared in Homespun magazine Vol 11 No 5. It can be purchased from www.universalshop.com.au or ring 1300 303 414 in Australia if you are interested. There's lots of wonderful projects to make in this particular issue.

Cheers

Catherine Sanchez
Editor
Homespun
www.completecraft.com.au

Karen said...

Lovely little gifties in the mail to you Wendy :). I also love your quilt blocks - such beautiful fabrics. My goal for 2012 is to get some things finished up and some even started, lol - like BOM I've been collecting

Hugs and Happy New Year - Karen

voyance said...

Anyway, In my opinion , purely formed an outstanding goal. You understand what you are speaking about, and that i has the capability to sincerely benefit from at the that will. Very good suggests this in advance as a consequence genuine.
voyance gratuite en ligne par mail