Friday, January 27, 2012

Paris Patchwork

We found it, doesn't look like much from the outside. A quilt shop in Paris or what it's called by the locals is Patchwork Shop. The owner is a very nice lady and has a good website, the shop is called LeRouvrey.

Inside the shop is beautiful with handmade quilts. Due to space in a Paris apartment the patchwork is all done by hand, both piecing and quilting. The employee at the shop told us about the Dear Jane she had just finished hand piecing and hand quilted, unfortunately she didn't have it at the shop for us to see.

The shop is tiny but with lots of antique quilts to see. The most popular fabrics here are the reproductions.

The Tree of Life quilt is antique and so fabulous to see in person.
The shop sold other goods as well, some glass and other trinkets. The owner has her own fabric line called Romance de Paris which is gorgeous. I bought a few FQ's and 1/2 meters. I'll show the bits I bought in a later post. It's not looking good that I will find any quilting in Rome, my internet searches are coming up with nothing in the city anyway.

Happy Quilting.

15 comments:

Cathy said...

I visited Le Rouvrey during our trip to Paris last March. Interesting stock for so tiny a store but I nearly keeled over at the price they pay for fabric. $25+ per meter (a bit more than a yard), but I guess it is the same all over Europe. Makes $10.75 a yard look not quite so bad!

sunny said...

Well I'm glad you're finding all the important sights! It looks like a lovely little shop.

Karen said...

What a wonderful experience to get to peek into the quilting in a foreign land. I visit some blogs from France. Their quilts have a bit of a different look but oh so nice.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like a hidden gem! Thanks for the tour :o)

Anonymous said...

lovely,thankyou for the tour.xx

Needled Mom said...

What a fun find in Paris!

Lori said...

What a fun little shop! The owner's fabric is so pretty!! Lucky you got to see it in person.(and buy some!)

Cath said...

Is that little shop in Montmartre. It looks very much like that area. If I ever get back to Paris, I will have to look for it too.

Anonymous said...

So neat to see a quilt shop in Paris! Thanks for posting the pictures, love the antique quilt.

Darlene said...

What a delightful discovery, Wendy. It's such a sweet shop.

Sharon said...

Awesome!! Looks like a great shop Wendy! Love all the quilts. I hope your having fun on your trip.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

I have been here a couple of times now, I love it!!

Beatrice said...

Hello, the shop closed down a few months ago. Just thought I'd let you and your readers know. Beatrice (from France).

Elaina said...

Beatrice, I have a friend coming to Paris this Thursday. Can you recommend some quilt shops in the city? She wants to take something back to the US for her mom.
Thanks!
Elaina

voyance said...

I am really pleased with reading your blog!!! Excellent content wrote, thanks
voyance gratuitement par mail