Saturday, June 23, 2007
Arbor Window Quilt
I've finished the top to my "no name" blocks. Thanks to Pam my quilt will now have a name "Arbor Window" wahoo. She found this name in EQ6, I think it's a perfect name. I made mine a little different than Libby's, she made 16 blocks and I did 12 blocks. She did a funky piping for the inner border. I might try her method on another quilt but on this one I did a 1" inner border. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the scalloped border. I have a "WaveEdge" ruler which I might use instead for a wavy border. I never did use this ruler for what it was intended to be used for. It has a book that can be purchased separately. Instead, I've used the wave ruler for a border on a baby quilt and it worked very well. And I didn't need to cut the binding on the bias. I've also used this ruler to mark wavy lines on my quilt for machine quilting.
Here's a close up of the quilt, I really like the background fabric. I don't know if you can see good enough but the beige is circles and dots all over. It's really nice fabric with the small check squares.
In my garden the roses are now in bloom. I have 5 roses bushes around the deck and 3 are blooming now and 2 will come in the next month.