Monday, June 11, 2007
Birds of a Feather
I'm so happy I've made some progress on my blocks. I'm using fusible applique for this quilt, I don't usually do fusible but I have so much hand work I couldn't bare thinking of doing another one at this time. I use Heat N' Bond light and before fusing to the fabric I cut out the centre's, leaving about a scant 1/4" around. This removes the stiffness of the fusible on the finished project. I also hand applique the stems with bias maker because I don't like the flat look of the vines and stems with fusible. All this is a little fussy but faster than all hand applique. The edges are done with matching thread and a very small zig zag. I carefully match the thread colour and get the embroidery weight so the thread on top is not too heavy. It all works for me and I like the outcome.