Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No Name Block


I was looking for this block pattern for months and wasn't able to locate the name of the block or a pattern anywhere. I guess I wasn't looking in the right place because I found it on Libby's blog, check out her baby quilt. Libby is a sweetie and didn't mind sharing the cutting sizes with me. I don't know if you can see but the red is a small check fabric and the cream fabric has tone on tone little egg shaped circles and dots. I've done 7 blocks, 9 more to go. Does anyone know the name of the block? It would be nice to know what to call my block.

My first lace pattern sock is from Knitty, they are called Monkey Socks, I'm using Lana Grossa yarn with cotton and wool, nice combination for a very comfy sock. Still have one more sock to make.

Happy Quilting.

14 comments:

Darlene said...

The block with the red checks is adorable. I love it. I'm not sure what the block is called but I have an idea. I'll be back after a little research. :-)

And, the Monkey Socks are great. I don't knit. LOL

Knot Garden said...

I don't know the name of the block but I love the tiny red check. The socks are lovely, that looks like really nice yarn.

Pam said...

I have a block like that in my EQ6 program and there it is called "Arbor Window"

Carole said...

Nice block! Love those socks! I don't know what the block is called but I did that pattern for the floor of my Old Friend's wallhanging. I love the way it turned out! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Rose Johnston said...

The blocks r lovely Wendy!!! Those monkey socks r great!!! be really handy down here with the cold weather we having lol

Pat said...

I don't know what the name of it is, but I sure like your block...I'm in the red and white mood too!!
and the stripey monkey socks is beautiful!

sara, the house of charm said...

Wow, I dunno the name of it, but the block could lend itself so easily to a children's story book quilt, Alice & Wondeerland, or something really whimsical.

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog.
The yarn is for socks. I like sock-knitting. I also have knitting the monkey-pattern. It is really a nice pattern.

Anja

Unknown said...

I love your Birds of a feather blocks, it is just beautiful work.

Leigh said...

I don't know the name of the block but I like them very much.

Anne Ida said...

Hi! Your blocks are lovely! They look a lot like Grandmother's Pride blocks (although those are usually made with three colours...) Check this link and have a look for yourself, see what you think: http://homepage.mac.com/chiaverini/sylviasbridalsampler/files/grandmotherspride.pdf

Andrea said...

I believe it is called Arbor Window too. I have actually just made a quilt with this pattern and am hand quilting it at the moment. I was going to post it on my blog very soon !

Samantha said...

Your sock is lovely- great striping in the yarn!

Julia said...

Thank you for those good times on your blog. I am often at the station to watch (again and again) those wonderful articles you shared. Really very interesting. All the best !

voyance en ligne