Saturday, May 12, 2007

Double Wedding Ring


I started this double wedding ring last year and really went crazy on cutting and piecing arcs. I made 3 complete blocks right away and then put it all aside for other quilty distractions. Well I didn't realize until yesterday when I pulled it out again that I had pieced all 200 arcs and cut 42 background blocks. I'm doing Eleanor Burns method from the Egg Money book. With her method the arcs are appliqued on the background, I like hand applique, so it's very enjoyable for me and I get the DWR look without the aggravation of piecing curves, I finished 2 more today. I like the browns and pinks, my new favourite colours for this year.

Happy Mother's Day!

15 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful - lovely - gorgeous - stunning - pretty - adorable (OK, I'll stop now!) Great in pink and brown. I can't wait to see more.

Happy Mother's Day!

Leigh said...

I love double wedding rings and what a clever way of doing it :-)

Valerie said...

Ooooh I love double wedding rings. I have been wanting to make one forever, but haven't gotten up the courage.

I will have to go buy that egg money book - I keep hearing about it and all the great quilts ladies are making out of it!!!

Rose Johnston said...

Beautiful Wendy!!! u r so clever.....Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Carole said...

Oh, that is lovely! What patience you have! I can't wait to see the finished quilt! How large will it be? Thanks for sharing! Happy quilting!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Mother's Day Wendy!
The DWR quilt is coming along great! This is a quilt pattern I have not yet attempted.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it looks wonderful! I"m glad you pulled it back out - I'd love to see it all together!

Knot Garden said...

Love all the pink and brown fabrics, and that's such a clever technique. I should think it still takes a lot of skill to do though.

Gretchen said...

Beautiful. I like the pink/brown combo, too. I haven't been brave enough to try a dbl wedding ring, but the applique technique seems less daunting somehow.

swooze said...

Nice job. I am sure it was a pleasant surprise to realize how far along you were! Keep us posted on your progress.

Darlene said...

Psst - are you getting my e-mails?

Libby said...

That's going to be one great looking quilt - enjoy!

Anne Ida said...

That is gorgeous!!! Love the combination of the calming pink and darkish brown! Keep up the great work!

Mary said...

Just gorgeous! A DWR is on my to-do list for the summer, I hope mine turns out half as spectacular as yours!

Patti said...

Lovely colors - browns and pinks are perfect for this. I've not done a DWR this way; it sounds like a perfect solution to the piecing curves problem.