Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Playing With Yarn


My Double Wedding Ring is progressing nicely, it hasn't fallen off the radar yet...hee hee. I'm finishing a whole lot of arcs to have ready for applique. I think this would be a good project to take on my next retreat. Hey...I'll be heading for Naramata BC (wine country) at the end of the month. Our quilt group plans this same retreat every year at the end of May, this will be my second year attending and we'll be staying the entire week...it's a whole lota fun. Did I mention we will be right in the middle of wine country.


Now on to something completely different. Sock yarns are so yummy and hard to resist. Here are my socks in progress. As you can see I'm on my second sock, which is a good thing. The yarn feels really luxuriously soft by Crystal Palace Yarns "Panda Cotton" made of Bamboo, Cotton and Elastic Nylon for some stretch. I think I'll need to get more of this yarn, I didn't say that...ssshhhh.

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Your Double Wedding Ring quilt is just stunning. It looks like a true scrap quilt. I actually recognize some of the fabrics as some I have in my stash too!
Have a fantastic time on your retreat in the wine country!

Carol said...

Your arcs are wonderful and those socks are just the best...have fun at your retreat...sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Carole said...

Did you mention something about heading for a retreat in wine country? lol I'm such a wino. It's the French in me! lol You sock is looking lovely. Can't wait to see the finish result of your DWR! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh whata yummy mocha color those socks are. You are so talented to break away from quilting to knit! I am really enjoying your blog, keep up the great posts!

Rose Johnston said...

who's lucky??? a quilting retreat in wine country!!!! my idea of a fantastic week!!! love the socks Wendy!

Darlene said...

Your DWR is stunning!


Wow a retreat for a week - Heaven!

Ironically, tomorrow morning I'm leaving on a week end retreat! WooHoo!!! Just till Sunday - a whole week would be wonderful. :-)

Jeanne said...

I love the colors you chose for your Double Wedding Ring quilt. Wish I could knit socks, too.

Knot Garden said...

That variegated yarn is lovely. I like a yarn that has some cotton in it.
Hope you have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that you msut let me know how your wine country experience turns out! We have not been there before.

Unknown said...

And another quilter knitting socks! I love knitting socks as well. Your wool looks great. Your DWR is turning out nicely and Brown and Pink are a combination I favor too. Take care.

Libby said...

Have fun on your retreat - be sure to overpack *s*

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love the closeup of the fabrics! I'm glad your still hanging in there! This is gorgeous!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness -- A week in Wine country quilting. The colour green is dripping off me :))

The colours of the Double Wedding ring are lovely.