Monday, May 7, 2007

Relaxing Weekend


Well the hot water tank got fixed on Friday, so off we went for a relaxing weekend at the lake. To get to the lake we have to drive to the ferry. And the ferry is about 1hr and 40mins trip and then just over one hour drive to get to Lake Cowichan. My DH and FIL got some guy time fishing in each morning. I don't know if you can see them off to the left in the picture. We had fish for dinner last night...yummy.





I made some progress on my redwork ladies, these designs are from Red Brolly by Bronwyn Hayes, really cute. I have 2 more to do. I finished a pair of socks over the weekend but my daughter got them before I could take a picture. Trust me they were a really nice lime green and turquoise variegated yarn. When I was knitting on the ferry one guy said to me "I like the colour of your socks, it's the same colour as my tiles". I'm trying to picture in my head where one would use lime green and turquoise for tiles...hmmm

11 comments:

swooze said...

They look great. Sounds like you had a lovely time!

Unknown said...

I have just discovered your blog and wanted to tell how much I like what you make and show in your blog. The bag and the stitchery are especially nice. Take care.

Knot Garden said...

At least he liked the colours!
Your embroidery looks immaculate. Glad you had a nice time:)

Darlene said...

I'm so glad that you got away for some R&R.

Your redwork ladies are darling - I have the one on the left to do and I love the one on the right.

Libby said...

That sounds like a really bad pick-up line *s*

Pam said...

That is a really lovely picture of the lake. It looks like it would be a nice peaceful place to spend the weekend. I have never been there.

We go to Tofino every year, maybe one day we should go there instead.

Rose Johnston said...

Sounds like a great weekend....i love ur stitcheries, u r so neat...i admire that u do redwork (id have to do them in colour!!) yet i love urs so much!!! great job!!!

Judy said...

Your blocks are lovely! I have recently started doing redwork after a 40 year hiatus and really enjoy doing it!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous view!

Carole said...

How wonderful that you had an opportuny to relax and enjoy! Isn't Darlene doing the same pattern? Yea, there's one with chickens. Well you guys are responsible for me starting this chicken quilt that I will share soon. I tell you, if I become UFO queen for a week I'll put the blame on you guys! lol Take care!

Unknown said...

Ahh another Bronwyn Hayes fan, aren't they just so cute?