Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Other Crafty Projects

Since I don't have any quilty projects to show or any that I feel like working on right now. I decided to take pictures of my Punchneedle projects I've completed. I didn't realize I had done so many and this doesn't include the Halloween and Christmas projects or the ones I've given away.

If you haven't tried punchneedle this is the time. It's fun, quick and very easy to do. Punchneedle is using embroidery floss to create miniature rug hooking, they are not very big and can be finished in a couple of days. Patterns come with the pre-printed pattern and all you need is a needlepunch and hoop.


Tulip Basket by M. Shaw is 5 1/2" x 3 1/2".












Another M.Shaw pattern.




























Crow with watermelon in basket by Threads That Bind is 5 1/4" x 3 1/2".



















Chicken's by M.Shaw is 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".















Ruffled Tulips by Three Swans Studios. The punchneedle carrying case is my design. I hope to have a pattern for this soon.















I currently working on this Pear "Green Anjou" pattern by Stone and Thread, it's 3" x 3 1/2". And this is showing the inside of the carry case above, pockets for pattern, hoop, needle, scissor, thread and needle threader.

12 comments:

Gretchen said...

You do such beautiful work. One day, I would like to learn how to do punchneedle work. Thanks for sharing.

Darlene said...

They are gorgeous and I love your bag. Need that pattern!


OK, two years ago I became intrigued with needlepunch but didn't do punch one needle. :-) Then last year I attended the Chicago Quiltfest and became even more intrigued - buying lots of stuff. While I was recovering from surgery a year ago I tried to get busy and couldn't get a good rhythm. What could I be doing wrong? I can't believe how alike our tastes are - it amazes me everyday. :-)

tami said...

Very nice punchneedle. I have made a few and love it.

Knot Garden said...

I especially like the tulip basket piece. I've only made one punchneedle piece so far. The carrying case is lovely.

Libby said...

Your pieces are wonderful - I have done a couple of 'punches' and really like them. Just have trouble figuring out how to finish and display them.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just bought this tool today and have no idea how to work it. But I will learn. I love your projects!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just bought this tool today and have no idea how to work it. But I will learn. I love your projects!

Carole said...

WOW, WOW,WOW and double WOWWOW! Those are amazing! You are so talented. And you even have them framed! I'm impressed. I have finished cross stitch patterns I did on linen that have been sitting in a bin for eons. Beautiful work. You ought to get that pattern done. I'm the Quilted Crow would love it to sell in there shop. They have a needle punch section. Hey, I may be going at the end of May, did you want anything? E-mail me and it will be my pleasure to arrange something with you!

swooze said...

I love these little kits and I do have the needle to do this. I need to get one out and have it as hand work! Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

All of those are so cute. Such a good idea to put them on bags.

I have never tried needle punch. I bought a little mini rug hooking kit in Nova Scotia once - but I have yet to take it out of the bag :))

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my! I"ve always wanted to do that M Shaw chicken one and the one flower one! Oh they are gorgeous. But I really love those chickens on that bag! WONDERFUL!

Rose Marie said...

I've seen this craft at craft shows but have never tried it out. Your pieces, especially the bags are really nice.