Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prairie Baskets


Well I'm almost finished my Four Seasons Quilt Swap quilt. It will be off to it's new owner very soon. Just need to get the label finalized and sewn on the back. I can say this swap was truly a lot of fun. I especially liked that the organizer went to the effort to match up partners with similar taste in fabric and style. This made the task of what to make easier for me. I picked a pattern which I would really like for myself....oh my gosh it's going to be hard to let go. So I'm hoping this was a good strategy and my swap partner will enjoy this "Little Quilt" as much as I have making it. Hmmmm...I wonder if she'll let me have visitation...or maybe invite me for tea.

This little quilt is from the book "Prairie Children and Their Quilts" from That Patchwork Place and the pattern is called Prairie Baskets.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy, it's beautiful. Was that a little hint I saw you drop? Invite you for visits or for tea.....lol....

Unknown said...

Wendy it is wonderful...your swap partner is going to be thrilled.

Darlene said...

Wendy it's absolutely darling! Your swap partner can't help but love it. :-)

Susan said...

Love your fall swap quiltlet. I'm working on mine in between reading these last few blogs for the day.

Karen said...

Wendy that turned out so cute and whoever your swap partner is will be thrilled with it.

I've got that book and there are darling patterns in it.

Karen

Libby said...

I'd invite you to tea *s* It's a wonderful quilt.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great little quilt. I'm sure your partner will just love it.

Elizabeth said...

That quilt is fabulous!

Knot Garden said...

I really like the fabrics in that quilt, I'm sure your swap partner will love it:)

Floss said...

What a beautiful little quilt, I love the stripy fabric in the boarder. Your swap partner should love it.

Rose Marie said...

It's adorable ... love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful little quilt Wendy! No wonder you are reluctant to part with it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You have created a darling little quilt-- certainly this is warrants a standing tea invitation and visiting rights. Your swap partner will be enchanted with it, great work!

Andrea said...

I'm sure your partner will love it if you do decide to let it go - lol ! Well done Wendy !

Unknown said...

Tea is ready. And I have made scones too! With home-made strawberry jam! I just hope you can cope with the jet lag.
Your quilt is just beautiful and your swap partner is a very lucky one. Take care.

Carole said...

Nice quilt! O love it! You really shouldn't have?!? ROFL Okay, I'm playing catch up, can you tell! I'm also very mellow and in a playful mood! Hope you have a great weekend!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love it Wendy! I love the border fabric and how you used it!

Cheap Assignment Writers said...

I want to always read your blogs. I love them Are you also searching for Nursing capstone Writing Help? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering Nursing capstone writing services to students without having to break the bank