Monday, February 4, 2008

Birthday Shopping Trip

Warning: this post is a little long.
What a fantastic day we had at this shop today. We all got up early to get in line at the border. It was a really nice surprise when we got to the border and the the line up was short....woohoo...let's hit the quilt shop. Today was the big birthday shopping spree, for those that might not have read my last post....I'll repeat myself, Two Thimbles offers the birthday girl 25% off (during your birthday month, that's me) when you bring 3 friends shopping with you, yah...the friends get a discount too but not as big as the birthday girl...teehee. I had to bribe them somehow to come shopping with me...not really I know they love my company...LOL We look ready for some serious shopping I'd say. Don't let these sweet faces fool you, these ladies are a crazy bunch and can do some major damage when shopping. That's me in the white sweater.
Here is the front counter, Lee the shop owner has done a wonderful job with this shop. Lots of beautiful displays and she is so helpful with choosing fabrics. I get so much inspiration when I visit here. It's a good thing the shop is NOT closer to my house....It would be too easy to be at this shop a lot and we all know what that means....LOL.




See that blue and white pinwheel quilt on the wall. I bought the pattern and blue fabric to make that. I'll post a picture tomorrow of my purchases. I would have done that tonight but it was getting too dark by the time I got home and the light is not good for pictures.
Sample in the class room, I really like this one.
Don't they look serious about their new BOM, Lee is giving us the instructions to get started on our first block. Oh yah... we all signed up for a BOM using one of Lori Smith patterns and reproduction fabrics. There are 12 blocks and several options for the final layout which will be fun to see what everyone will choose. Each quilt will look different in the end. Below is a picture of the first 2 blocks. I think Arnette (on the right) is wondering what the heck I'm doing taking a picture or maybe she's just bored....LOL
Lori Smith pattern BOM. Sorry I forgot the name of the pattern, I'll post it tomorrow.
The shop owner had some treats us, they were to die for....yummy cheese cake chocolates from Trader Joe's, I've never had one of thing chocolate bombs before today, I think I'll be dreaming of them tonight. If you haven't had one...you're definitely missing out. There is a layer of chocolate cake on the bottom with a layer of strawberry cheese cake on top and all surrounded by chocolate....Oooooh so good....as you can see they are almost gone. It's a good thing I got a picture before they completely disappeared.
These two trouble makers were joking about going into this questionable establishment for lunch. Do you think they could pass for the evening entertainment....teehee...just kidding ladies.
We had lunch at this Italian cafe (D'Anna's) instead, much better choice for food and company. I really had a great time with these ladies and since we are doing the BOM, we'll be spending more time at Two Thimbles....woohoo.

Sorry about such a long post...I hope you made it this far...thanks for sticking with me.

25 comments:

Darlene said...

Not a long post - a wonderful post! I had you on my mind all day and I see that you had a wonderful day! WooHoo! A terrific way to celebrate your birthday. :-)

I can't wait to see pictures of your purchases! Hurry!!!! LOL

Karen said...

It looks like you had a fun-filled day of shopping, eating and great conversation with Lee at Two Thimbles. Your pictures of her shop are wonderful.
Thank you so much for sharing your birthday with us.

Annie said...

What a wonderful idea to have a special birthday treat at a lovely shop like that one. Looks like you had a good day out with your crazy friends. That's what friends are for!

Carole said...

What a wonderful way of celebrating! I guess you didn't leave me any chocolate cheesecake! I love cheesecake! Well, okay, I love food period! lol So, what else did you get besides a BOM? Enquiring minds want to know! lol Have yourself a wonderful day! Hugs!

Knot Garden said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Nice shopping and chocolate as well! That looks like a really nice shop. Oh yes, and happy birthday!

Kristie said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I love the tour of the shop, very nice!!
Kristie

Julia said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy!!!! :) It looks like you had a wonderful time. I love the BOM that you all signed up for. Is there any place to get in online that you know of?

Tamara said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Happy Birthday enjoy your month. It is nice to see other quilt stores even if it is through pictures. ;-)

Unknown said...

So nice to put a face to the name, and what a terrific way to celebrate your birthday month. Great looking store. We want pictures of your shopping.....

Kim said...

Hello there you in the white sweater! LOL, such a meek looking bunch indeed...I wish I could join all of you for one of these fantastic days of fun! Thanks for visiting at my blog. Happy quilting!
Kim

Doodlebug Gail said...

Happy Birthday and I am so glad you had such a wonderful day. Those cheesecake bombs sound delicious!

Happy Zombie said...

I think I need to cancel all my plans for today and just read through your entire blog. I'm having all kinds of OMG moments over your bounty of eye-candy!!!

Carol said...

What a wonderful, wonderful day. What a fun group of gals. Thanks for the quilt show. Can't wait to see your goodies.

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Month! What a fabulous quilt store -- thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Nana's Quilts said...

First of all, happy birthday. Good, good wishes.

Secondly, I will definitely have to make a point of going up there, it looks glorious. We are so sad (here in Seattle) with In the Beginning going away. The world of quilting fabrics is in a bit of flux at the moment. The wonderful store in Bellevue is moving. There is a new store in Ballard (Seattle) but that's about it.

It appears that your day was a great one. Will look for photos of completed projects. :-)

Marne

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks like it was a great day! I like the picture of the sample quilt under your pinwheel picture. What is the name of that?

Pam said...

Happy Birthday!!!! It looks like a great little shop to go to.

I love Lori Smith Patterns. I bought a sampler quilt pattern of her's when we were in Oregon.

Looking forward to seeing your purchases :))))

blueberrylane said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday, will check back to see what goodies you bought. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun! I made that blue and white pinwheel quilt! In fact I have it hanging on my wall at work right now!

Libby said...

What a perfectly wonderful birthday shopping day *s* Not too long . . . every detail is always necessary.

Karen said...

Oh I think that I could get into real trouble in that shop. Great post and wonderful pictures. Looks like your day was a fun one with wonderful friends, a great lunch and little chocolate goodies, those sound YUMMY. Can't wait to see what treasures you brought home. Thanks for taking us along on your day.

BIG OLE HUGS - Karen
I'll sing for you again this week, LOL

Misty said...

Wow, what a great birthday party! It looks like you had a splendid time.

I've enjoyed seeing all the cute little quilts you've been making over the last several months. They're gorgeous. I like your choice of the small blue pinwheel quilt. Recently, I noticed the same pattern at an online quilt shop and fell in love with it too. Maybe I should have one when my birthday arrives.

Texan said...

Do you happen to know whose pattern the apron is made from, its in the fourth picture down :O)..

I think you did yourself proud on the BDay shopping ;O)...What fun!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you for letting me take this trip with you, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Nan said...

I did not find the post long at all - it was totally delightful! I am late in wishing you Happy Birthday, but I figured this is your birthday month, so you get to celebrate as much as you want!!
It looks like you girls were having a wonderful time together - I can't think of a better way to celebrate your special day. The quilt shop is beautiful!