Friday, February 22, 2008

Sewing Annie and Awards

Do you see what I see....little bits of hair sticking out from behind the tissue????
Here she is Raggedy Old Annie ready for any sewing task. She has her sewing kit Handy with needle, thread and thimble ready for sewing, quilting or stitching. I can't believe I have my very own Annie, do you see what's on her dress, my initial, there will be no doubt who she belongs too. As Carole said, my heart feels warm and fussy with how kind and generous quilters are in blogland. I've formed live long friendships who I might have the opportunity to meet someday. Darlene and I have been swapping nine patches for a number of months now, we each will seek in little goodies as surprise gifts....teehee....it's so much fun. Well the biggest surprise came from Darlene, she went and ordered this Sewing Annie just for me. I'm so very touched by her generosity and thinking of me on my Birthday....see I can stretch my Birthday out for the whole month. Thank you Darlene....I will think of you while enjoying Sewing Annie sitting next to my computer. Oh one more thing....A little birdie told me Sewing Annie has a twin with a different initial on her dress....Hmmm who could that be....*vbs*
There are more kind and thoughtful bloggers out there. Gizmo has award me the "Spreader of Love" award. Thank you Gizmo for thinking of me. I feel very blessed with your friendship.
And then Tamara gave me the "You Make My Day" award. Thanks for making my day with this award.

The rules for the "You Make My Day" award, are to re-present it to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know through an email or posting to their blog so they can pass it on. You may get the award more than once, so if you do, consider yourself very loved! So pass it on!!!

There are so many to choose from I couldn't possibly name only 10. So if you read my blog regularly consider yourself on my list of people "Who Make my Day"!!! And so pass the love on!!!

Happy Stitching.

25 comments:

antique quilter said...

Love your annie and her story!
what a wonderful surprise.
Kathie

Libby said...

What a sweet treat - your Annie is adorable *s*
You are very deserving of those awards - they really do apply!

Chookyblue...... said...

Annie is cute......enjoy her.......

Unknown said...

That is a cute doll. Blogging quilters are so special.

Carol said...

Your new Sewing Annie is as cute as she can be...what a fun addition to your sewing room...Darlene is a sweetie!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what an awesome surprise! And I love the sewing annie! Gee I wish the twin had a D (for Dawn) on it! :)

Cheryl said...

Love your little Annie, very cute. And congrats on your awards. You definitely deserve them :-)!

Knot Garden said...

She is so cute, such a sweet face and the W is such a thoughtful touch. The awards are well-deserved:)

~Bren~ said...

Adorable. Darlene is not as wicked as she claims LOL!!!
NOTHING wrong with stretching the birthday!!

~Bren~ said...

Oops, excuse me...LINDA claims wicked, Darlene claims to be evil!

Mar said...

Annie is Adorable! And Darlene? She is so sweet!

Shelina said...

Your polka dot girls are coming along quite nicely - I love all the different colors! And you win two awards. Congratulations!

Darlene said...

The "W" on her dress is for Wonderful Wendy! :-)

Well deserved awards, my friend.

Karen said...

That Annie is just the sweetest, just like you :). That's why you get such wonderful awards - very well deserved my dear friend :)

Hugs - Karen

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh what a cute little annie. That Darlene is such a sweetie pie isn't she? And congrats on your awards!

Lisa said...

She is so cute!!! I looked at Nicole's pages. might have to make me one!

Judy said...

Oh I love your new Annie! It's such a treat when you open that package and see feet and hair peeking out! Just lovely with her purple dress!

Happy Birthday!

dutchcomfort said...

Your Annie is a cutie! Enjoy your gifts!

Christine said...

Do you know where I might find a copy of your sewing case pattern? I love it! That would look sooo much nicer than the plastic sandwich bag I'm using now. LOL.

Meredith said...

Congrats on your Annie and your blog awards. Much deserved.

Ginger Patches said...

What a special way to get your own Annie! She's adorable!

Lea said...

Your Annie is so cute. Love her carrys the sewing kit!

Unknown said...

Love your quilts and stitcheries. PLEASE tell me wht "VBS" stands for! I've seen it it in other blogs and have not been able to figure it out and my 14 year old daughter doesn't know either. Thanks!

Carole said...

That was so nice of Darlene to send you an Annie! They are so cute! I must order one for myself! ;o)

Christine said...

Sewing Annie is gorgeous. Congratulations on your well deserved awards.